Door weatherstrips

DougD

Near as I can tell from lots of searching (although I haven't actually...ahem... called the Ford dealer) the door weatherstrips are discontinued?

Anyone know of a source?

There are three per side as far as I can tell:

1) One that goes around the entire door opening

2) One that runs up along the A-pillar, along the roof, and then drops down vertically at the B-pillar

3) One on the lower section of the door itself to seal the lower door area

Any ideas? Anyone reproducing these? Are they still available from Ford?

Thanks
Doug Dwyer

Ok, good, thanks. Looks like Spinning Wheels has the door opening weatherstrips. Must've missed the listing earlier....all that razzle dazzle horsepower stuff was clouding my vision

One down, two to go.

Thanks
Doug Dwyer

As far as the ones that run up the A-pillar, across the roof, and down the Bpillar, I had been looking for a set of OEM pieces until I finally gave up.
I ended up finding two sets of used ones that were in good condition. I think I still have a set if you're interested.

The ones along the lower door, I've yet had a chance to search Ford for them. Those look simple enough where we could find a suitable material and make our own.

As far as the ones that run up the A-pillar, across the roof, and down the Bpillar, I had been looking for a set of OEM pieces until I finally gave up.
I ended up finding two sets of used ones that were in good condition. I think I still have a set if you're interested.

Thanks. I'll hold that offer in reserve for just a bit. If I can't find new...and it doesn't look very hopeful....I may try to salvage mine before getting another used set.

The ones along the lower door, I've yet had a chance to search Ford for them. Those look simple enough where we could find a suitable material and make our own.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Its the main door opening ones that I need most badly, so I'm glad there's a source for new ones.

Thanks for the help.

Doug Dwyer

Not a problem.
If you're looking at eliminating noise, I'd check to see how the adjustment is on the doors. I know it's a p.i.t.a. but it's definitely worth doing if you get new seals.

Back