Owner's manual

PaxtonShelby

Hi all

I just bought a '90 SC auto and I want to pick up an owners manual for it. Is there a special manual for the SCs or will any T-Bird manual from 1990 do? I need help with the factory alarm operation, plus the normal issues like oil viscosity, etc. Ebay seems like a good source for the manual - I just need to know which one to get.

Thanks!

Ron

your best bet would be to pick up a factory Ford 1990 thunderbird service manual. You will find the best information there. For my 89 I picked up the service manual and the electrical trouble shooting book. I havent needed anything else since then.

Chris

Thanks guys,

I have a Chilton's manual from the previous owner & I'm assuming that will suffice for most of the repairs I might have to do. My main reason for wanting the owners manual is to find out how the factory security system operates, & to have something handy in the glove box if I ever run into a problem. Seems like using the power locks arms the system, & the only way to turn it off is to pull the battery cable. So now I'm just using the key in the outside lock to lock the car. Kindof a pain.

Thanks for the info though - I'll try to pick up a regular owners manual on ebay in the next few days.

Ebay's your best bet for an owner's manual packet. Also, I'd recommend picking up a Factory Service Manual (FSM) and Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting manual (EVTM). The Chiltons manual is pretty weak in a number of areas.

JD

Owner's manual.........!

Paxton Shelby? Now THAT's sounds like an ominous e-name? What's the significance???? Hmmmm! by the way, I have a whole package (3 or 4 books) for these cars in the Felt booklet if your interested, an I promise I'm not going to retire on the price of this thing. Where do you hail from? cheers Frank H.

Paxton Shelby? Now THAT's sounds like an ominous e-name? What's the significance???? Hmmmm! by the way, I have a whole package (3 or 4 books) for these cars in the Felt booklet if your interested, an I promise I'm not going to retire on the price of this thing. Where do you hail from? cheers Frank H.

Hi Frank,

I'm in the Pittsburgh, PA area ( zip 15108 ) near the airport. What all is in the package of manuals that you have? I take it they're for a '90? My screen name is PaxtonShelby because I have a '66 Mustang coupe with lots of Shelby goodies on it, and this neato polished thingy under the hood that says "PAXTON" on it!!! :D

Let me know what all you have and what you want for it and I'll definitely let you know. Thanks again!!

Attachments

• Digital Camera download 11-21-2007 151.jpg
    Digital Camera download 11-21-2007 151.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Digital Camera download 11-21-2007 117.jpg
    Digital Camera download 11-21-2007 117.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 47
Back