Opened Da Bottle yesterday. Leaks, Brass fittings good for this job?

ricardoa1

I opened the bottle to check for leaks, and dammit I hear it hissing away in the engine compartment. So I check for leaks and was looking for leaks at the threaded part of the installation. But to my surprise it came from the 3 way "T" brass fitting that splits it to the purge. It was right on the side of the fitting nowere near the threads, it was on both sides. Is brass no good for nitrous?

Is the Tee fitting flare? Does it have -3 stainless lines going to it?

I've found that it helps to tighten, loosen, tighten, loosen, a few times helps to seat dissimilar metals together.

Its an NPT fittting 1/8" its coming from the sides not the treads. Like its cracked. Is it just defective or is it to porous to use?

Attachments

• Fitting.jpe
    Fitting.jpe
    7.4 KB · Views: 29
Its an NPT fittting 1/8" its coming from the sides not the treads. Like its cracked. Is it just defective or is it to porous to use?
It may be defective, but I know people that have actually blown those. Some are thick and some are thin.

What are you using as lines to connect to the Tee fitting?

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...849621+4294906755+4294906706+115&autoview=sku

ear-991701erl_w.jpg

Ricardo,

That brass fitting isn't intended for pressures that high. You need a high pressure hydraulic fitting or one like Casey posted.

David

Not all fittings are created equal. Brass fittings should not be an issue, even at high pressure - but if the material is thin, that could break or blow through. We use brass fittings for high pressure applications without problems .. even the pressure regulator on my co2 tank is brass and thats @ 2000 PSI.

- Dan

Vibrations can create stress cracks a T fitting like that. It's NPT as well, so if you screwed the fittings in there a little too tight you can stress it.

Probably some weak spot in the material on that fitting. Just replace it with a new one.

Back