installing front air dam

mywhite89

I just got the new magnum powers front air dam. I didn't have a lot of time to work on putting it on but it looks like I may need to drill a couple holes up into the radiator support bracket to mount the steel piece. Does someone have a picture of how they mounted their air dam? I may have been tryig to put it on the wrong way or something.

Chris

Last edited:
Everyone must holding out on buying one of these I guess. Looks like it will work very well compared to a typical spoiler. It pretty much captures every bit of air that hits it and forces it up to the radiator area.

Well, I'm just going to get my car up on the lift so I can get a better idea of what needs to be done.

Chris

I just got the new magnum powers front air dam. I didn't have a lot of time to work on putting it on but it looks like I may need to drill a couple holes up into the radiator support bracket to mount the steel piece. Does someone have a picture of how they mounted their air dam? I may have been tryig to put it on the wrong way or something.

Chris

I have a photo of mine - but it's in my home computer. I'll post it on this thread later today.

Eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

When I purchased my SC it was lowered 1.5 inches by the previous owner. He also ran over a curb and tore out most of the lower bumper cover. What he didn't tear out, he cut off.

Since I installed the MP spoiler I'm not in a big hurry to find a new (used)bumper cover.

The "tabs" that the two bolts go into fit up into the square holes in the radiator core (or radiator support). I turned the tabs sideways, held them with one hand from behind the radiator core and started the bolt with the other hand. A helper to hold the spoiler will make that job a lot easier.

The slots in the spoiler are made to go around sections of the original lower bumper cover.

The MP spoiler works very well. Before I was running 200 to 210 degrees just driving around and close to 220 when I got on it. Now I run 190 just driving along and 200 when I get on it.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• spoiler.jpg
    spoiler.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 160
Nice glad I seen this cause I have one and haven't had a chance to inistall it yet now I know exactly how to do it thanks huys.

Jay

thanks for the pic. Looks pretty straight forward, I just didn't see where to use the little tabs that you screw into. Did you cut your bumper on the bottom side or something? Your front bumper fins usually pass through the slots in the spoiler.

Last edited:
thanks for the pic. Looks pretty straight forward, I just didn't see where to use the little tabs that you screw into. Did you cut your bumper on the bottom side or something? Your front bumper fins usually pass through the slots in the spoiler.

The previous owner cut away all those lower bumper cover fins after he backed over a curb and tore it up.

I couldn't get those little tabs to clip onto the square holes in the radiator core. So I put the tabs in the holes either sideways or diagonally so they wouldn't fall through the square hole and screwed the bolt up into them. It's solid. I've driven the car at high speeds - the spoiler won't come off.

Instead of using the tabs, you could use a washer that's larger than the square hole and nut.

With my SC lowered 1.5 inches, I watch out for curbs when parking. The edge of the spoiler is about four inches off the ground.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• spoiler 2.jpg
    spoiler 2.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 68
Back