Anybody familiar with the ignition switch recall

sizemoremk

The alldata and NHTS (government) website, and there is suppose to be a safety recall on 7.9 million fords between 87-92.

When they put in that number, they said that it didn't apply to my car..... so I called the dreaded 800 number and they said the same thing.

Anybody ever deal with this????

Mine has failed and its not the 12 dollar part, its the fact that this makes the 2nd time I've been screwed over a recall.....

call Ford with your VIN # and ask if there are any open recalls on your car. Mine still has a ignition switch recall which I will be taking it down after I sort my brake problem out.

Are you the original owner?
A previous owner may have already had this recall performed, therefore your car would not show up in Ford's system.

If I were you, call a Ford dealership and ask for the service dept. Tell them you want to know if there are any open recalls on your car. Give them the VIN # and they will be able to tell you. Even if you have an open recall for something other than the ignition switch, its laways good to have things replaced for free. :)

If it has been done it wasn't sone good enough...

But the guy said if it had been done it would show as having been done, but they said it didn't apply.

My research said that the recall was for all 7.9 millon tbirds made tween 87 and 92.

Like I said it's more the principle than anything else, its a 12 dollar part....

Back