Occasional no start-hard start condition.

missouricarnut

Twice now my 90 XR7 has acted almost like it was flooded after driving for around 20-30 minutes. Most of the time it starts up fine, even after driving but occasionally it just spins over and wont start. I held the accelerator to the floor and cranked it for over a minute (15-20 seconds at a time) before it started. When it finally did start, I expected to see a cloud of black smoke but, no smoke. The other time it did this, I thought the gas was low and it was facing downhill. After waiting 30 or so minutes and letting the car roll to more level ground, it started but idled very low, around 200 rpm until I reved it up. Check engine light indicates TPS code and nothing else. Any thoughts?

I think I remember reading that hard starting could be your crank or cam sensor. However I would do some research here at SCCOA before ripping anything apart. I would start by fixing your TPS code of course. Good luck

Twice now my 90 XR7 has acted almost like it was flooded after driving for around 20-30 minutes. Most of the time it starts up fine, even after driving but occasionally it just spins over and wont start. I held the accelerator to the floor and cranked it for over a minute (15-20 seconds at a time) before it started. When it finally did start, I expected to see a cloud of black smoke but, no smoke. The other time it did this, I thought the gas was low and it was facing downhill. After waiting 30 or so minutes and letting the car roll to more level ground, it started but idled very low, around 200 rpm until I reved it up. Check engine light indicates TPS code and nothing else. Any thoughts?

Wowww

This same thing happend to a friend it turned to be a fuel pump issue you may want to check into that area

Back