exhaust question...

1990XR7SC

i have a few questions on how a few of you guys did your dual exhaust setups and what mufflers you used. First off my XR7 is all stock. I am looking to free up some usable HP. So the first step would be to put a cold air intake on it so it is feeding from the underside of the car where the air is the coldest. Also free up the exhaust ie duals. So how did some of you acomplish that also what type of mufflers did you use? Im trying to go for more of a throaty sound, Not ricer. So can anyone shed some light on this? Also if i were to use a 5% over drive pully on the blower what would be my end result? And would i have to do any mods so the motor would hold up?
Remember im new to this whole SC thing.

Thanks
john

Most people don't go to true duals unless making substantially more power than stock. The 2-1-2 (2.5"-3"-2.5") set-up is plenty for even a moderately modded SC. But anyhow, to speak to your original question, there are some pics of a dual exhaust setup on supercoupeperformance dot com. Other members on this site have done similar set-ups and will hopefully chime in. Search this site too as I know there are pics of dual systems.

Back