No brake lights...

slipknot1212121

Well, I noticed when I was leaving today and put my foot on the brake pedal I didnt see my tail lights in the mirror as it usually lights up my garage... So I got out and checked and sure enough, no brake lights..I then checked all other, parking/running lights, turn signals,hazards,reverse..All work except the brakes.checked the fuse and the fuse is good but even swapped it out,(learned about a week ago from my dash lights ahaha) I have searched and came up with this

"If the center brake light works but the other two don't, then replace the multi-function switch. You can check the various switches in the multi-function switch with an ohmmeter before buying a new one.

Well my third brake lights doesnt work either..And all other lights work?? Is there a switch/relay on the brake pedal?? Anybody have/had this problem?? any help is appreciated !! thanx

there is a switch on the pedal. you could connect the two wires with a jumper.brake lights should come on, then you know its the switch.

I've seen a problem where you have to really push the pedal hard to get the brake lights to work. Ends up being a bad brake light switch also. Volt meter wouldn't catch this.

On my own car, I was missing the codder pin that holds the brake switch and the pedal itself to the brake brake booster rod. Everything had just about fallen off when I took my car for its first drive after rebuilding the engine. That could have been ugly, luckily I lost brake lights and found the problem quick

ok great!! I have read about pushin the pedal all the way down and I tried it but still no lights.. Ill give this switch a try and a jumper and see if they come on, thanx!!

Not 100% sure about this & how T-birds are wired, but drive down the road with the cruise controll on. Tap the brake pedal to kick off the cruise controll. If it doesn't turn it off, it's probably the switch under the pedal.

Well.Checked fuse, it was good,then i jumpered the switch and popped a fuse, so first thing i thought of was the brake light wires in the trunk(old and crappy by now) grounding out or somethin but couldnt find any cracks or breaks in the wires..my lunch break coming to an end i hooked the switch back up to resolve later...HAHA they work??? Wierd wierd, My guess is that the switch was loose or the wires or something, but taking it off then puting back on is prolly what fixed it?? who knows lol anyways, thanx guys

Back