95 blower install

shawpdx1

Ive been thinking is it really worth swaping my 92 blower for the 95 with the 36lb injectors and the MAF without having the 95 blowers and inlet ported first? is it going to be that noticeable of a diff doing the swap, just looking for some adivce from someone that has done it before. was wanting to run around in the coupe this summer a little maybe I should just have the 95 blower and inlet ported this summer and do the swap this winter. anyway opinions appreciated

Yes it will make a huge difference. I ran a 15.1 with the old style blower with 5% overdrive, switched to a 94-95 unported blower, 36lb injectors, 76MM MAF, 10% overdrive and a tune and was able to run a 13.9.

when i went to mpx setup on my 94 i put all of parts i removed onto my 89, stock 94 blower, 10% sc pulley, mp inlet, 75mm tb, 76mm maf, 36lb inj., already had a huge custom fmic and i saw a noticeable difference. transmission went south so while it's down i'm putting on some ported heads, ported 94 manifolds with cat-delete downtubes, 3.73 gears, 2600 stall converter and a transgo shift kit, i'm also going to port the 94 blower. granted i put on a couple extra things than you plan on but it doesn't take long to remove the blower setup so if i were you i'd put it on for the spring and summer and have fun then come winter remove it and port it or just do it now....:D

Last edited:
I will be doing the same swap very soon on my 91. 94 blower/plenum/MAF/36lb injectors. I will probably swap the pulley from the 91 blower to the 94 to spin it a little harder and since my exhaust is opened up a little, I should be ok. I am very much looking forward to the extra punch. Hopefully a tune will be in the near future after I get the 94 parts installed.

I say go ahead and bolt it up! If you are like me, you are too antsy to wait! :D

Back