help meeeee! dash lights

mannysc

ok here is the problem I have no dash or parking lights sooooo.
I replace light switch right oooook .
so now i turn on lights and they worky great,

but radio goes out when i turn on lights,

also ac heater unit goes out when lights on put old light unit in no parking/dash lights but ac/heater/radio work,.

what the hell is going on?????

its all stock wireing stock radio, stock everything,

Im stumped!

I have had so many tbirds with electrical gremlins but most were caused by the fuse holder. When you pull the fuse does it have a dark spot on the spade? Some barely make contact and real strange stuff happends. Next look under your drivers side carpet as thats where most problems with factory splices occur. They get wet and corrode. Other than that you might have a dash ground going bad or loose. Good luck with this one my freind, Mark

found it someone had spliced into the heater control wires and gotten power for something found wire under carpet near tunel had a band aide on it lol this is the only micky mouse thing on this car that ive found.

now to put it all together and see how it works

You found it too quick. It takes me atleast a day of tearing wires apart to find a problem. I guess it was a good thing that someone used band aide to fix the problem. I never get that lucky:rolleyes:

yeah pulled back the carpet and saw the bandaide it was a dream come true so easy to find once carpet was pulled back.

its raining now so it will sit till it stops long enouigh for me to work on it again i have no garage and tore my carport down to fit my trailer in back yard. so Im a slave to the wheather

Back