GM/Custom Pulleys?

protodelorean

I'm doing a custom install of a Thunderbird SC M90 supercharger on a 3.0L engine and need to underdrive it some to keep boost down to reasonable levels. I was wondering:

1. Do pulleys designed for the GM M90's fit on the Thunderbird M90? (offset won't be an issue because I'm fabricating the intake manifold)

2. If not, anyone know of a firm that does custom sized pulleys?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

He's installing it on a different motor so he may not be able to change either of those parts. You are going to have to determine what the blower will be putting out for boost before you can search for an alternative. What are you targetting for boost?

He's installing it on a different motor so he may not be able to change either of those parts. You are going to have to determine what the blower will be putting out for boost before you can search for an alternative. What are you targetting for boost?

I'm shooting for aroung 9 pounds of boost. On the 3.0 motor, with the crank pully size I have, I've calculated a 4" pulley will yield between 8 and 9 pound of boost. Problem is, this is bigger than any of the OEM pulleys and on these cars, there's no reason for most pople to underdrive so I'm not seeing any off-the-shelf 4" aftermarket pulleys. : ( I have no problem having a custom pulley fabbed, but I'm just doing a little research before I jump into that.

Steve

The motor I'm putting the SC on is neither GM nor Ford. Since I'm looking for a different pulley, I just wanted to know if a supercharger pulley from an Eaton M90 used on a GM 3800 will fit on an Eaton M90 used on a Thunderbird SC? Essentially, are the front shafts the same on the GM and Ford versions of the M90? If they are interchangable, I can then look at the aftermarket pulleys made for the GM versions, not just thse made for the Ford's.

Back