Coolant Sensor Error Help

supercoupe519

My t-bird is giving me a 21 code error which is a sensor input out of test range error. I replaced the sensor. i still get the error. also i have a 24 error which is ACT sensor error and reads ACT SENSOR OUT OF TEST RANGE.

u did disconnect the battery for at least 10 mins after the sensor was replaced, right ?

it is possible that the sensor they gave u was bad from the start, rare but possible.

u did disconnect the battery for at least 10 mins after the sensor was replaced, right ?

it is possible that the sensor they gave u was bad from the start, rare but possible.

Yes, i got another sensor and it does the same thing, im wondering maybe if because the intake temp. sensor is fried to that maybe they are related to one n other and ones showing different readings and they dont match. just a posibility.. is that even possible? and would this be the reason why the car just turns over but never starts??

The car is required to be run up to operating temperature prior to performing the tests. If the car doesn't start, they will be out of range and set those codes. Neither of those is the reason your car will not start. No start diagnostic basics: Spark, fuel, compression and all happening at the right time in relation to each other.

The car is required to be run up to operating temperature prior to performing the tests. If the car doesn't start, they will be out of range and set those codes. Neither of those is the reason your car will not start. No start diagnostic basics: Spark, fuel, compression and all happening at the right time in relation to each other.

Thank-you this does make sense, i just read that code reader manual and it does say to run up to temperature before testing. now on the other hand were do i start to check out why this isnt starting. It ran fine, which would cause it to go. Is there any common problems i can start testing for which would be the easiest??

One thing that can cause an out range is having a bad ground at the EEC itself. It is very critical it has a good ground because the EEC is resposible for sending out the ref voltage to all the sensors.

One thing that can cause an out range is having a bad ground at the EEC itself. It is very critical it has a good ground because the EEC is resposible for sending out the ref voltage to all the sensors.

Will a bad ground at the EEC cause a No start condition??

i pulled out the eec and looked around where would i find the ground wire, is in the box terminal under the carpet with like 8 black wires going into it or is it a seperate wire somewere else??

Back