What is the normal milage life of a 3.8 sc engine?

dwayne

Banned
My 89 sc has 134,879 miles. It doesn't burn oil .How long do these engines usually last?

Last edited:
my 89 sc has 134,879 miles.it doesn't burn oil .how long do these engines usually last?

Pap

Mine had 156,985 miles on it we than took put a S port blower 26% overdrive double intercooler and 70mm throttle body. We had a challenge here in Calif me and Aaron I nailed first SC in the 13's way back in the days. There strong and last a long time if maintained right "Red Line" oil helps a bunch :) I always us a Motorcraft filter

Last edited:
Heya Pap, mine had 190K miles on it before I parked it, and I think I bought it with around 70K miles on it. Engine/tranny was fine, just the damn brakes.
Fixing it soon and we will see how many more miles I get out of that 3.8. :)
Never smoked, not using oil, damn good car! Other than that abortion brake system.

Mine is all stock and I dont know that much about the working of a sc,i think maybe, with the high cost of gas, I will get a cow to ride and paint t-bird sc on it and put 4 hubcaps on it's legs ,this is UDDERLY crazy,93 oct here is 3:35 a gallon.

Last edited:
mine is all stock and i dont know that much about the working of a sc,i think maby with the high cost of gas i will get me a cow to ride and paint t-bird sc on it and 4 hubcaps on it's legs ,this is UDDERLY crazy,93 oct here is 3:35 a gallon.

3.8 Cowcharger :)

I know what you mean gas prices are so high now days Cow Power sounds much cheaper them utters are NOS ports

mine is all stock and i dont know that much about the working of a sc,i think maby with the high cost of gas i will get me a cow to ride and paint t-bird sc on it and 4 hubcaps on it's legs ,this is UDDERLY crazy,93 oct here is 3:35 a gallon.

Man that's cheap. Here I am thinking about buying a horse, and putting a hitching post outside my work. In this town it might take off!

yea the cow charger has a plus low cost ,no maintance and milk for the cookies.grass over gas anyway now.

Pap King Cobra

Check this out

Here is some rare pictures of the King Cobra and Cyclone Super Spoiler. I like the aero nose on them wonder what an SC would look like with aero nose? these are neat Proto Photos to bad they wernt in Nascar same time as the Mopar 426ci Superbird

Last edited:
from the front wheel back on first pic is what mine looks like same color as 2nd pic.real nice cars.

Holiday Gift

This is neat

Just think a ultra rare 427 68 Torino in a Holiday Gift Guide and 1 of only two ever built Boss 429 Hemi Cougar Dyno Don driven nice historic pictures. Maybe someday we might see 30 years down the road SC historical race pictures

Last edited:
sweet,will try to get pics for you today on the other car,my brother has cell phone that takes pics,will download and send by email.

Last edited:
The SC probably is more aerodynamic than either of the examples you posted Jim. It had a very low Cd which was a design goal of the front end SLA suspension and the laid back windshield.

The SC probably is more aerodynamic than either of the examples you posted Jim. It had a very low Cd which was a design goal of the front end SLA suspension and the laid back windshield.

Duffy

Yes the Tbird looks to have much less drag with the more aero front end and laid back windshild. When my dad ran Pro Stock in 72 Ford wanted the Maverick in the class with the 427 SOHC Hemi they where talking about how the windshild needs to be layed back more but thats all they had back than. All that the SC has in aero effects does look better than the two pictures

Its just to bad Ford dident produce them aero Cobra Spoliers back when the Super Bird was in Nascar. The SC has a lot of great aero areas that helps at high speed it was a good choice of body style

Twister Special

Pap

Here is a picture of the Twister Special and Cobra Torino like the Twister good close up of the Cobra engine

Last edited:
Jim that red one is the same one i have same engine and all only mine is canary yellow.with the flat black hood.the white one is a great looking gt torino with the hide away headlights.

Last edited:
Jim that red one is the same one i have same engine and all only mine is canarry yellow.with the flat black hood.the white one is a great looking gt torino with the hide away headlights.

Neat car

My uncle had a GT Torino yellow with the Lazer stripe like the white one your car is awesome with a very powerful engine the Shaker Scoop is neat. What your rare car cost you can buy 125 SC's at $1,000 each :)

That was my first car, i was 16 when i got it paid $1,200.00 for it back then, im 46 now and still have it.it has had a body off resto.it only goes to car showes now.

Last edited:
Back