What Three Gauges?

cmill95

I'm kicking the idea of putting a triple gauge a-pillar pod set-up in my S/C, and want opinions on what gages you guys would use.

first off, please disregard the normal dash gauges like oil pressure, water temp, volt, and tachometer. no shift lights also, i think i can shift on my own thank you:D

i currently have an auto trans, but will be switching to a manual trans this year, so trans temp would be a waste as far as I'm concerned.

please post what you would use in your own car if it was supercharged/turbo'd.

i think that there is an incredible amount of knowledge on this site and I'd like to tap some of it for my benefit once again :tongue:.

thanks for the help and your input guys and gals.

Why would you disregard oil pressure? Next to coolant temp I see it as the most important indicator. My first three gauges were, coolant temp, oil pressure, and tranny temp. I have 7 now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Since your not keeping the automatic, I would suggest fuel pressure, oil pressure and coolant temp. The stock oil pressure and coolant temp gauges are all but useless...get the good full sweep electric fuel pressure gauge, because the standard sweep one reacts way to slow.

Unless your buying a wide band o2 with a matching display gauge, don't waste your money on an A/F ratio gauge.

David

Last edited:
I would buy a transmission temperature gauge, nitrous pressure gauge(sorry time to buy nitrous:)) and a methanol injection level gauge.

I think with enough patience and motivation it is possible to modify the stock cluster using aftermarket gauges, that is what I will do someday and it will look close to stock

Last edited:
Air charge temp

Oil pressure (Stocker sucks)

Fuel pressure

Or, you can buy nitrous, and a wideband... Then run:

Air charge temp

Air Fuel

Nitrous pressure

i have 3 autometer gauges

air/fuel
oil pressure
fuel pressure