Need some help With Bolts

XR7

I lost a bunch of bolts, and now I have no idea how to find replacements...

Other than going to the dealer of course, but I don't think I will need to do that. The knowledge here is vast... So...

At the Current Moment, I am looking for

1. The Bolts for the Lower Intake manifold.

2. The Bolts that Hold the Super Charger to the Intake Manifold 3 large bolts.

3. The 4 Bolts that hold the Raised top to the Super Charger.

If there is a good place to just call and buy them specific, that info would work too. For example, if I just need to call arp, and explain my application, I can do that. But if I have to explain design of the bolt, I do not know that.

Is there maybe a FAQ that covers all the bolt discriptions in the engine bay already?

For the lower intake bolts go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and order Part # 95327A581 (bolts) and Part # 98026A029 (washers).Not sure of the other bolt I'm sure you can get them at mcmasters also but I don't know the specs or the part #'s.Run a search I think the blower bolts are listed somewhere on here.

Jay

For the lower intake bolts go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and order Part # 95327A581 (bolts) and Part # 98026A029 (washers).Not sure of the other bolt I'm sure you can get them at mcmasters also but I don't know the specs or the part #'s.Run a search I think the blower bolts are listed somewhere on here.

Jay

Thanks Jay,

Funny, I just come back here to post that I found the intake bolts specs.. but still need the info on the other two types of bolts.

Thanks Jay,

Funny, I just come back here to post that I found the intake bolts specs.. but still need the info on the other two types of bolts.

I think Fast Ed posted the blower bolt specs on here before ya might want to ask him if he still has them.

Jay

the 4 bolts the hold the supercharger top are M8x1.25, i think they are 15-25mm long. They are the same as the ones that hold the inlet plenum to the supercharger.

Thanks Jay,

I'm shipping your E-Brake handle out today, and I'll throw in the three bolts that mount the blower. I don't have bolts that are short enough to work for the top.

Last edited:
intake bolts - m8 x 55mm x 1.25 pitch - get 10.9 grade and maybe some washers with it

large front of sc - m12 x 110mm - get 10.9 grade

the side of sc - m8 x 108mm - get 10.9 grade

hope that might help

intake bolts - m8 x 55mm x 1.25 pitch - get 10.9 grade and maybe some washers with it

large front of sc - m12 x 110mm - get 10.9 grade

the side of sc - m8 x 108mm - get 10.9 grade

hope that might help

cbt,

Thanks that is great information to have. I am seeing a pattern here of bolts being of the M8 with 1.25 pitch...

I found some Grade 10.9 bolts at the local hardware store here, but they were just the standard Silver color. They did not have the same metric bolts in the Black color (not sure what that coating is) not to mention they had nothing in Zinc...

My assumption is that this is why I need to contact McMaster, and or ARP..

Thank You all for the great Help...

i could be wrong, but the silver or gold color - unless you want black would be just fine to use if the 10.9 grade is used or better

the sc bolts are flanged or you will need washers using stardard type bolts

just stick with the 10.9 or better grade

while doing the head gaskets i changed them all out, from the heads up to the top

i hate the idea of throw away bolts, unless they are damaged.

the silver and gold ones are zinc plated which plating can cause tight engagment due to the coating. The stock black ones are black oxided, which McMaster Carr has a very wide selection them in metic.

while the grade of bolt might be over-kill -there were no fit-ment issues at all,

however, when taking the manifold off, in my case, 3 of the heads on the bolts snaped off at manifold level, so i decided a better grade might work out better, if theres a next time

I have a fastner company that is a vender for my company. Look in the yellow pages of the city your in and look under fastners. You likely will find a local nut& bolt company. They will have more selection than a hardware store and more knowledge to boot. Spec out grade 8 at a min. I have been switching out to socket head bolts now for years on mine simply because I like them better. Socket head bolts (uses Allen wrenches) are usually a higher grade than grade 8 and you can get a lot of them in Stainless Steel as well.

Ken

yes thats how i got mine was from a fastner company here in town,
grade 8 is a US-standard, for metric it's 10.9

yes thats how i got mine was from a fastner company here in town,
grade 8 is a US-standard, for metric it's 10.9

Interesting, So Grade 8 US-Standard, and 10.9 for Metric are equivalent Strengths?

If you want overkill you can get socket head cap screws in grade 12.9, which should equate to a grade 9 standard which is a high grade alloy.

Back