Dyno results predictions ?

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
It's been a couple months since installing the longtube headers and larger exhaust system and I'm finally at at point that I'm ready to put it on the dyno and see if it makes any additional power. I've got the dyno reserved for 4:30 this afternoon and Rod is supposed to come along to video it, mainly so you guys can hear the new exhaust system.

Prior to the changes it usually pulled around 425 rwhp & 410 rwtq and the best it's done is 435 rwhp & 413 rwtq as shown on the chart below.

dyno%20435rwhp.jpg

Changes since this pull was made are as follows.

WAS: Kooks med length headers, no cats, 2.5" downpipes, 2.5" dual inlet by 3" single outlet Magnaflow resanotor, 3" single pipe to dual 2.5" Dynomax mufflers. Stock early style fuel tank and stock driveshaft. Road and dyno tuned by Dave Dalke.

IS: Kooks longtube headers w/3" collectors, no cats, dual 3" mandrel bent stainless Y into 3.5" inlet/outlet Maganaflow resonator, 3.5" single to near diff, they Y to dual 3" open chamber Magnaflow mufflers. Late model fuel tank and aluminum driveshaft. Tune adjusted long distance by Dave Dalke using data from scanner and input from me.

Pics of old and new exhaust in this thread.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95404&highlight=kooks+headers

Anyhow...I have no idea if it's going to add or lose power and thought it might be fun for people to make some educated guesses and see who gets the numbers closest to what it actually pulls this afternoon.

So post your guesses.

David

PS: If A/F ratio looks okay on motor, I'll also make a pull with about a 100 HP shot of nitrous.

Cant wait to see the results David,I think it will make a nice difference since the long tubes messed with the tune so much, it had to be choaking it before. I guess 453rwhp and 468tq

Corey

Last edited:
Right out of the gate? I would say plus 25 rwhp for the exhaust alone. That's without any adjustments for A/F, timing or what have you.

Ira

I'm going to say 448/430 and I don't even care what it does on the bottle :D but it should be 550+HP

are you losing a lot of power with your trans?

Last edited:
I'm going to say 448/430 and I don't even care what it does on the bottle :D but it should be 550+HP

are you losing a lot of power with your trans?

Curtis,

Most people believe that an automatic loses about 5% more power between the crank and the wheels than a manual transmission. Roughly 20% vs. 15%. Most people also believe that an automatic without a locked converter will lose an additional 5%. If those numbers are correct (not sure they are) then I'm losing about 25% between the crank and the wheels :eek:

David

Curtis,

Most people believe that an automatic loses about 5% more power between the crank and the wheels than a manual transmission. Roughly 20% vs. 15%. Most people also believe that an automatic without a locked converter will lose an additional 5%. If those numbers are correct (not sure they are) then I'm losing about 25% between the crank and the wheels :eek:

David

That sounds about right

Good luck, I hope to see some great numbers out of your SC, was it just me or did Dave not come to St Louis like we had planned last year. I don't know what my car should dyno but I don't want to try the bottle until its on a wide band......but I still have a long way to go.....and in the end my heads will hold me back

Back