rear wheel movement

HI-OUTPUT

when the car is lifted with the jack Ive noticed the rear Passenger side moves in and out with the weight, I took the wheel off & tried to move the rotor, brakes, control arms, suspension etc but nothing seems loose, only with the weight of the wheel on bolted I get loose movement. I checked the rear Driver side and the driver side is o.k. very tight with no movement. Just want to know if anybody has had this experience and maybe know whats causing the wheel to move, also when Im driving I feel the wheel shift position slightly and gives the car a weird feeling....

wheelmovementonebs4.jpg

passengerreartu4.jpg

You might want to check that 36mm Nut in the center, to see if that has came loose(the torque on that nut should be 250 FT lbs)I ran into that problem or another common problem on the cars, is the hub bearing is bad.

David Rowe

Sounds like a bad wheel bearing to me but as said check the nut. These bearings go bad fast when they get just the slightest play. Not to bad to change. Do a search on rear wheel bearings.

its your wheel bearing. Replace it as soon as you can because if you let it go too long then you will need a full hub and you cannot get a new hub from ford.
Dan

Back