PDA

View Full Version : (Do it yourself ) Ceramic high temp header coating

Jim Demmitt Jr
02-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Ford Muscle Web Site

I found this nice artical in there forum about do it yourself ceramic high temp header coating. If you dont have the big money for the Jet Hot coating this a lower cost way and looks good. I thought I would share this with you maybe get some ideas from it

Link
http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/tech-exchange/472399-coating-headers-high-temp-ceramic-paint.html

CMac89
02-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I've coated many headers, pistons, combustion chambers with coatings from www.techlinecoatings.net

PS- They just changed their website and it sucks...A LOT.

XxSlowpokexX
02-28-2008, 11:39 AM
The fact that everything say scomming soon?..Yah that sucks hahahaa

I would think you need to get all of the old paint off before trying any type of coating. Adhesion will only be as good as its weakest point (original paint)..Unless they actually react with one another..I dunno

CMac89
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
For engine parts, 120-grit Aluminum Oxide is required for sand blasting. For headers, you can use any medium grit sand for a finish. Having said that, all surfaces have to be clear of matter and wiped with Acetone.

Dahoopd
02-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Jet Hot is really not that expensive. Other than the jackshaft bracket, I paid $275 for all of the parts coated.

XxSlowpokexX
02-28-2008, 12:37 PM
You did jackshaft with bearings or had it rebuilt?

Dahoopd
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
You did jackshaft with bearings or had it rebuilt?

I had to have the bearing replaced. Jet Hot toasted the original, they wouldnt coat it unless I signed a waiver allowing them to cook the bearing....lol

XR7
02-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Jet Hot is really not that expensive. Other than the jackshaft bracket, I paid $275 for all of the parts coated.

So when you include the cost of the Jackshaft, You paid way more than 275?

Did you send all this out to someone to be coated?.

Is it possible you could share with us?.. Your process of having these sent out and coated?