Cobra R hood doesn't fit?

esgtbird

Ok

i have a cobra r hood that is fiberglass i put it on. It meets the fenders good and alines with the front end but i can't put the wipers on. the post for the wiper is to high. Does anyone have any pics of thier cobra r hood with the wiper arms on? and does any one have a how to on installing a cobra r hood?
Thanks
ESGTBIRD

I have not heard of one cobra R style hood that didn't require sometime of tweaking to get to fit on a car.

Ok

i have a cobra r hood that is fiberglass i put it on. It meets the fenders good and alines with the front end but i can't put the wipers on. the post for the wiper is to high. Does anyone have any pics of thier cobra r hood with the wiper arms on? and does any one have a how to on installing a cobra r hood?
Thanks
ESGTBIRD

Who made your hood? Some of those hoods really suck to get on right. More work than there worth. Then some people got lucky and didn't have to do too much. Its all according to who made it. Bought mine from Age classic and it was a real pain and a lot of work.

Mike

One thing I have learned is custom parts will almost always require custom work to fit and work properly.

I gave my hood a C section to clear the wiper post. It was a real pain and took a lot of time to get the hood to fit properly. I basically raised the whole section by creating a bigger arced section. It seems all or most people with glass hoods have had fun getting them to fit properly.

Glass is glass, no matter who makes it. You have some of the best molds available and when you cast them they move. Just the nature of fiberglass parts in general. Sometimes they come out great and sometimes not. They just have to flex or cure at different rates and they will move in the mold or when they come out.
Most needs some type of modification and clean up. Unless you get lucky. .:)

Lower your wiper rack with some washers for shims. May not be enough to clear the hood, but if you can get the wipers down 3/8 inch or so you may not need to grind much from the hood itself.

Back