How much boost

superdadsc

How much boost are you running on the street? How much boost is safe given that the motor is a fresh rebuild with proper felpro gaskets and ARP rod bolts. I will be running a compound boost setup w the sc and a remote turbo. Should the blower be ported and does that drop boost levels with ported sc heads and larger valves, so I could run more boost with the turbo? Also all components internally will be forged.:confused:

they are good motor's factory! only thing that should have been done is balancing which if you are getting a rebuild. talk to xr7 dave he sells them blue printed and balanced as well as any custom parts. pistons etc. your stock motor is good for about 550-600hp I believe. I think you are good for 20-25lbs of boost providing your motor is in decant shape?

I will be getting my internals, valves and cam from dave d and a double ic from ken. Thanks for the reference though. Very helpful people on this site. Can't wait to move my family up north and start this project. I think I have finally got all of my ducks in a row. So many possibilities with this car.

How much boost are you running on the street? How much boost is safe given that the motor is a fresh rebuild with proper felpro gaskets and ARP rod bolts. I will be running a compound boost setup w the sc and a remote turbo. Should the blower be ported and does that drop boost levels with ported sc heads and larger valves, so I could run more boost with the turbo? Also all components internally will be forged.:confused:

I'd start by feeding the supercharger 5 pounds and go from there.

David

becarefull of oil leaks with the remote turbo. they like to leak into the intake. let me know how it works. i've been thinking about do this to my 90 auto

Back