Changing my super charger oil tonight

trackjunkie

I'm doing some work on the car tonight and since I have a little over 100k i think it would be a good time to change the supercharger oil.
My question is what type of oil do I use? And how much?
Also, I'm planning on pulling the plug, sucking out the old oil, and filling it to the bottom of the filler hole.
Is there anything else I should watch out for?

Go to you local GM dealer and pick up 2 -4oz. bottles of supercharger fluid. Its the same stuff as Ford but it costs a third less. An empty supercharger will take just about 8 oz. to fill up, just keep filling till it gets to the bottom of the threads. Its a very simple job to do, feel underneath the snout behind the pulley to see if the seal is leaking, if it is it would be a good time to replace it also.

Did you do a search yet? Go to an airport that sells turbine oil BP2380 & get a quart so you will have extra for later. Do a search & you will find loads of info.

not exactly the same

Go to you local GM dealer and pick up 2 -4oz. bottles of supercharger fluid. Its the same stuff as Ford .

but it will work for like 30k miles...

fords supercharger fluid is supposed to be synthetic and last longer than the gm fluid...but for the price i agree with rzimmerl, go with gm...i have used it in at least 2 s/c's

ps
also try and do the oil change after your cars cooled down overnight, or for a few hours at least....otherwise i hear youll get nasty oil shooting out at you when you take the plug out...and it will smell horrible.

Back