Early/late radiator changes??

XR7Kurt

Does anyone know the differences between the early radiators and the 94/95's?
I just bought a 94' SC that has a newer stock replacement type radiator. The serpentine belt was cutting into the lower radiator hose so looking around I notice the bushing/pad where the radiator sits on the support is missing on that side. After adding the bushing the top doesn't line up. I can't get the intercooler bracket over far enough at the top.
Is this where the radiators are different? The nipple for the overflow hose comes out the opposite side from the over flow bottle.
I'd appreciate any help. I don't want to start cutting into another hose.

Kurt

from what I've seen, that is an early radiator. the overflow tank is on the right (passenger) side. ours is up by the battery.

from what I've seen, that is an early radiator. the overflow tank is on the right (passenger) side. ours is up by the battery.
So assuming it's an early radiator, is the fit/mounting different? Is the intercooler bracket the difference or is the only difference the side the overflow hose.
Also are the radiator hoses the same?
Thanks,
Kurt

Last edited:
I'd like to tell you that yes, or no it's whatever. but the only one I've had out is mine a few times for this or that. I've seen other S/Cs with their bonnets up and that's one thing I've noticed different.
check with a parts store and see if they come up with different part numbers- early and late models.

The attachment point for the top bolts is slightly different. You can make them work, but it won't be perfect. Otherwise it's the same.

The attachment point for the top bolts is slightly different. You can make them work, but it won't be perfect. Otherwise it's the same.

Ok, thanks Mike. I put a new lower hose on and it looks much better. Now I'll just have to get it secured at the top.

Kurt

Back