brake and anti loc light flash

corderpounder88

Problem is when i first hit my brakes my brake light flashes goes off then my anti loc light flashes and goes off they happen everytime no matter how fast im going or if im sitting still i can feel a really slight vibration in the pedal when they come on the total time for them to be on is like maybe 1 to 2 secs does anyone know what could be causing it and what should i buy to replace it i just bought the car so im working out the probs as they come.

90 sc for 7 bills

Sounds like the ABS accumulator is shot. Do this: key-on, engine-off.. press the brake pedal and count how many presses you get before the pump runs again. Wait for it to stop. I'm sure you'll hear it with every pedal press. Then the lights will go out and eveything will seem fine.

You can get a new accumulator from Ford for around $250, or from a rebuilder such a prior remanufacturing for around $100.

Post here if you need more info; The subject comes up so often, that you should go through the previous pages first. I'm not trying to be short, but it takes time to go over and over the same subject multiple times. Search back and if you still have questions, ask.

Change it fast. I waited quite a while to change mine (both lights will stay on if you wait too long) and now I'm forced to replace my entire ABS unit. PRICEY MISTAKE ON MY PART!!!!!!!!

lol i am kinda new to the site so i didnt know but thanks so much for the valuable info im starting to wonder if i got such a good deal hehe i think still besides once i get a new one than i dont have to worry about it going bad for a while , take care all and thanks so much!!

ps ill check the old threads first next time .

corderpounder88

90 sc
5 speed
well four if you dont count second hehe

Back