when removing airsilencer

how loud is the sc when removing airsilencer wondering if it is something than get's anoying?

It's not that noticeable. Maybe outside the car when in boost, but from the cockpit, only a little louder when pushing it. I did a 5% pulley, K&N panel filter and removed the silencer on a previous car, and it wasn't that much louder unless I was under acceleration. As soon as you back off, it sounds stock. Maybe with a higher level of modification it gets considerably louder, but someone who's done it can give you a better idea.

JD

I have a CAI in mine, and the noise isn't annoying at all. I don't think there could be much change in the noise just by removing the silencer, but I've never been in an SC with an air silencer in, so I could be wrong.

Just take it out, it has no useful purpose

You may hear a slight increase in sound when your pedal is on the floor but nothing crazy

right?? if anything its sexier but i could be wrong, but serioulsy i coulsdnt tell a difference in removing my air silencor??

Litlle buzeefd hope my post makes sense

QUOTE Want2LearnTBIRD: Just take it out, it has no useful purpose

It does serve a purpose, it does quiet the intake air noise some, but it's main function is to keep water from getting into your engine. Some have learned this valuable lesson the hard way. I do have it removed on one of my cars, but I can't notice a difference from inside the vehicle.

On my 94 SC, I customized the intake with a few cheap and simple parts. I took the OEM tube that runs from the TB to the MAF and cutoff about 3" at the TB. Went to Midas and got a 24" piece of 3" exhaust pipe. I cut the pipe to the proper length and clamped it into the TB OEM piece that I cut off. Got a 3" ID X 3" long piece of HD rubber hose and clamped that to the other end of the exhaust pipe. Inserted the 76mm C&L MAF into the other end of the HD hose and then put the 9" K&N cone filter on the MAF. When I cut the exhaust pipe I made sure it was long enough so I could insert an angle support clip into the end of the K&N and screwed it to the frame right above the IRCM for support.

For the driver side valve cover vent pipe, I drilled and tapped the exhaust pipe and screwed in a nylon nipple for the hose to slip on.

It is not loud but when I get on it I can hear it whine.

Ed

QUOTE Want2LearnTBIRD: Just take it out, it has no useful purpose

It does serve a purpose, it does quiet the intake air noise some, but it's main function is to keep water from getting into your engine. Some have learned this valuable lesson the hard way. I do have it removed on one of my cars, but I can't notice a difference from inside the vehicle.

I learned, lol i had to tear down the engine and replace wires, plugs, new gaskets, and a whole bunch of other bull---- to get it to work!! Too bad it dont matter now the car was totalled (signature)

I took mine out and installed a ZR Motorsports cai. It sounds awesome in my opinion. With a touch of the gas pedal all heads turn to see where the whine is coming from.:D

well. I removed the silencer today. car has noticably better throttle response. aswell as actually sounds like a supercharged car.

Back