Got my mustang fixed!

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
All i can say is those who have 4.6 birds need to do the PI intake swap... Mine was cracked so it seemed to be the way to go and i found a PI intake on ebay that did NOT require the use of spacers or RTV.. Excelent bang for the buck modification and a great idea if you still have the plastic crossover.. WOW i cant believe the diffrence.. Now maybe i can work on the SC again since my garage is empty :)

All i can say is those who have 4.6 birds need to do the PI intake swap... Mine was cracked so it seemed to be the way to go and i found a PI intake on ebay that did NOT require the use of spacers or RTV.. Excelent bang for the buck modification and a great idea if you still have the plastic crossover.. WOW i cant believe the diffrence.. Now maybe i can work on the SC again since my garage is empty :)

no vid you always got a vid of somthing:p

Stands for Performance Improved. Its factory parts that ford used after '99 on the Mustangs and the later 4.6 explorers. Intake Heads and Cam can be PI or NPI (non PI) Nothing to do with SC's lol.

I know that it has nothing to do with SC's

But i didn't know what the hell was goin on

idk man i figured like police interceptor or something:D

Open Automotive Discussion that does not fit in any other forum. (NO Classified Advertisements.) ;)

Member’s only forum for discussions of both non-technical and non-car topics. Not an “anything-goes” area, but more of a place for members to discuss other topics of their choosing. Be warned, the same rules apply here as on all the other forums.

By those guidlines, I'd say the nontech area was a good place for it. :eek:

Last edited:
(Removed by Admin.)

Hey, Royer, check out TCCoA. You'd be surprised how much 4.6L crap you can find over there. I would've went for an exploder swap (all aluminum engine, if I remember right like 60hp more etc etc etc) to be completely honest, but that's just me. Now that and some gears...wooo...I can only remember what it did to the Cougar, so I can imagine what it would do to a Mustang.

Last edited:
(Removed by Admin.)

Jacob, my friend used to have a '98 Muffstang and did a PI intake swap. He went from running 14.30's to 14.0's at 98mph. He had an O/R H-Pipe, FlowMaster cat-back, C&L upper plenum, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, drag radials, and the PI intake.

Last edited:
Back