can you run a standard fuel pump with 42lb injectors

mybirdcanfly

The headgasket job is done, put on clearwater heads, felpro gaskets and studs, have s-blower installed, the 76mm MAF from supercoupe performance and 42lb injectors according to Bill's recommendation. In just a brief ride around town for about 4 miles it seemed to be running really well...I can see that it really wants to go but I still have to do the exhaust and fuel pump.

Just want to ride the car to work since the roads here in North Jersey might be salt free this week. What is the harm in running it provided I don't get on it too much?

i think as long as you dont get on it you wont be having any problems, remember that pump is capable of supplying fuel to stock injectors at wot and still have a little head room. So as long as you stay out of wot you should be fine. Anyone else have something chime in. But i certainly would not keep it that way since wot is to fun!!!!

**EDIT**

beat me too it!!

Last edited:
I ran a stock pump with 42 lbs inj's and ran a healthy 13:22 ET no problem but I did regulate fuel pressure up a few pounds . i later put i a 255 lbs pump and it ran the same.

The headgasket job is done, put on clearwater heads, felpro gaskets and studs, have s-blower installed, the 76mm MAF from supercoupe performance and 42lb injectors according to Bill's recommendation. In just a brief ride around town for about 4 miles it seemed to be running really well...I can see that it really wants to go but I still have to do the exhaust and fuel pump.

Just want to ride the car to work since the roads here in North Jersey might be salt free this week. What is the harm in running it provided I don't get on it too much?

Stay out of the boost and there won't be any problems.

David

You won't be able to use the full capacity of the injectors with the stock pump, and that could get you into trouble at high rpms / load. So just keep in mind what you are doing and you will probably be ok.

By the math alone, I think that a 190lph pump is pretty well matched to a set of six 42lb injectors. The stock pump is 110 lph.

Back