custom 160 mph speedo mod, pics!

mywhite89

I just finished up my 160mph speedometer gauge faces heres a couple pictures I took. I recalibrated the speedometer using gps navigation using 292 ohms of resistance to get to where I needed. The night time picture does no justice to how it really looks. I have the upgraded LED lights installed also.

Last edited:
Jim, thanks for the compliment and interest.

The instructions are here on the recalibration process:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88596

It is not that hard at all really, once you get down to business on it, everything is quite simple. I've seen this write-up but I havent heard of anybody else trying it, so I just went ahead and tried it. It just takes a lot of time and patience. You can get whatever color faces and light-up color that you want. As you can see, my goal was a stock look. I have probably 10 hours total time in it and less then $100. If I did it again, I could do it in half the time or less.

Scott Hrbacek is the guy who makes these and he is a great guy to work with.
slhrbacek@yahoo.com

Chris

Last edited:
u have LED's in for the night pic ?

i had the white face overlays in my old SC with LED's in but it wasnt bright enough for me.

do u have the 4 point LED's or single ?

u have LED's in for the night pic ?

i had the white face overlays in my old SC with LED's in but it wasnt bright enough for me.

do u have the 4 point LED's or single ?

I have the 4 point led's. You can see from the 2 night pictures that the aftermarket faces don't allow near as much light through as the stock gauges. Without LED's it would not be bright enough. I added 2 led's on the upper part of the speedo and rpm gauges to help out a little. It is brighter in person, but still not quite as bright as stock. I don't have any complaints with it.

Chris

Back