Help! Discontinued Relay Control

OCSC93

I'm getting frustrated with my SC. The next dilema in my list of problems with this car is that my cooling fan quit working.
Took it to the mechanic....the Multi-Function Relay Control (SC Only) is bad.
Now, Ford does not make this part anymore and I can't seem to find anyone who does. The original Ford part number is F1SF-12B577-AA. The alternate part number I got from Ford was F6SZ12B577BA. But the local Napa can't cross-reference it with anything.
Anyone have any ideas? Parts sources? I would like to have new, but if I have to try used, I know where a couple of SC are in the local junk yards. Chances are this module is probably gone though.
Thanks for any help.

I got the later Ford number to cross over to a Standard part # of RCM19, and double checked by looking it up in the book. Sure enough that is what it shows. Unfortunately it had a side note next to it that said it is under the critical core program, so you might have to send the core in first, unless there is a greater supply, or if your Napa guys can cross the Standard Motor part number.
Hope this helps and happy hunting!

Glenn

The IRMC or whatever it's called seems to be rebuildable, at least partially. It has multiple relays inside the case. You can replace them with a little desoldering and resoldering. Take a search and you might find the info, although I don't remember if it's in the Members section or not.

If all else fails I just gotta think that we could dream up some sort of alternate circuit that would come at least close to original operating parameters. I didn't study the OEM circuit (1990 in my case) in depth but it looks doable, with some external relays replacing the soild state module.....

Just a thought

Cheers
DD

Post your need for an IRCM in the WTB forum if you haven't already. There are alot of 'parts guys' on this forum.

Back