Code 214 And Engine Miss

VINCES

My check engine light has been coming on occasionally for the last couple of weeks. Scanner gave code 214. My '95 5-spd has developed a misfire when the engine is under load, usually around 7 psi. Car bucks similar to when I needed new plug wires on my '94 auto. The '95 has new wires and plugs. I replaced cam position sensor, the car still has the bad hesitation a idles a little rough. The car is stock except for Magnuson wires(about one month ago). The ASP underdrive pulleys, SCCOA downtubes w/highflow cats, Magnaflow Resonator, and Dynomax catback exhaust about were installed about two weeks ago. The car also has a K&N panel filter. I'm getting ready to install 3.27 gears next.
The installation of the cam sensor was simple, unless I did something wrong. Is there anything more to just the two screws and the plug? Does anyone have any other trouble shooting ideas that could be causing the dead miss my car has under 3/4 to full throttle? The car doesn't seem to have the miss when I pull out aggressively from a standing start, just when cruising and I punch it.

This sounds very similar to my recent problem posted down a little further, Mis-Fire Under Boost.

Your description sounds dead-on except I have no codes nor check engine light. My big problem is the hard miss under boost but I also have that very annoying regular light miss at idle that bothers the heck out of me. I don't know if they are related at all or not.

Could the hard miss (bucking) under boost be a bad part of the coil pack (2 cylinders?)

I grasping at straws.

Jon

I guess the coil pack could be a possibility. I should start with checking the wires and boots first. I also had new Bosch o2 sensors installed.

magnaflow

- magnaflow exhaust systems

Whether you're a proven hot rod builder like Chip Foose or someone working on a project in your home garage, the MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust Custom Builder/Hot Rod Kit is the perfect starting point for your one-off exhaust system. When 'off the shelf' won't cut it, our Kits is there to help you create an exhaust sytem to fit your needs. Designed to include all of the basic building blocks needed for your system, including an array of hangers and flanges, as well as straight pipes, and mandrel-bent J-, U- and L-bends, you can piece together your custom exhaust however you choose.

I have been shopping around on the magnaflow website and cannot seem to find any vids. Anyone got a link to a clip.

maybe a bogus wire. or, could 1 have come loose? i had a set that 1 wire would loosen slowly and eventually fall off. i ended up crimping it closed a little more so it would snap on tighter. fixed. my symptoms were rough idle, and only in boost it would shudder, or miss. during N/A it ran smooth. come to a stop and it wanted to die.

Back