Sac-Raceway track rental how many are into racing?

Sacramento Raceway Park

We are looking into track rental for an up-coming Sat & Sunday test session as my new stroker is in the final build stage. We have a new challenger from Reno Navada with a well built Nitrous Sc that will be there to get into the mid to low 9's. They ran well into the 10's in testing at Fallon Nevada at a high elivation track. This will be our first test effort to get close or into the 8's with our new combo. We we are going together with other racers to get the track rented for us. How many of you are willing to run your cars?

( Note ) if your bringing your car to test or coming to watch please e-mail me at j.demmitt@att.net as to get you cleared with the front gate. We are getting things set up if you want to see two powerful 9 second Sc's at one track at the same time this will be a treat in its self. As soon as the dates and time are set will send you an e-mail notice

This season is looking good guy's & Gal's Kurt you can also run your bike there is plenty of time with a two day test session planed :)

(Note) also leaving Thursday night 6th to Bakersfeild March Meet Fridays testing going to be a good meet March 8th and 9th hope to some of the So-Cal gang there

Last edited:
Jim,

I noticed you recently updated your signature to show the 9.5 ET....does this mean your also ready to release that supporting info to "crush the competition" you mentioned a couple weeks ago ?

Who owns the 10 second nitrous SC ?

David

Jim,

I noticed you recently updated your signature to show the 9.5 ET....does this mean your also ready to release that supporting info to "crush the competition" you mentioned a couple weeks ago ?

Who owns the 10 second nitrous SC ?

David

David

Thanks for asking the guy's from Reno with the Nitrous Sc is Chris Yuel we herd he went high 10's at Fallon testing. There plan is coming to Sac blow us into the weeds but we have other plans :) I want to get as close to the 8's as I can we dont know what the limiting factor is on this IRS going past the control limit. If I do than the 9.520et run will be used as a backup well see how it goes. I still like to see someone beat the 9.989et before submiting the quicker time and info our plan is going a lot quicker before anything is set in stone as far as the SCCoA goes. The best time is just to show how quick we gone so far with it for now

I think Chris may have sent in his membership already to the SCCoA not sure but there plans are to smash us all in the top 3 you have to get there first right? He has some big shot Nitrous Top Sportsman guy helping them. I sent you a PM about the rims David

Last edited:
Jim,

I don't really understand the thinking behind not submitting the 9.5 run, because everyone already knows that is the latest time you have claimed to have run. What if it takes two years for someone to beat 9.98 are you then going to come forward with a 2 year old timeslip and say sorry dude I'm still #1, here's the timeslip ??

Doesn't make much sense to me, and doesn't sound like good sportsmanship either. Whatever you decide, I hope your car does well at SAC Raceway.

David

Jim,

I don't really understand the thinking behind not submitting the 9.5 run, because everyone already knows that is the latest time you have claimed to have run. What if it takes two years for someone to beat 9.98 are you then going to come forward with a 2 year old timeslip and say sorry dude I'm still #1, here's the timeslip ??

Doesn't make much sense to me, and doesn't sound like good sportsmanship either. Whatever you decide, I hope your car does well at SAC Raceway.

David

Thanks David

It shoud do very well and gain a lot in speed and ET. We want to waite a little bit we know it will run a lot quicker how quick we dont know yet. We are good sportsmans our new time will be submitted and all els after this coming test session. Wth the Reno Nevada gang coming they may in fact beat the 9.989et but going from high 10's to 9's may not be as easy as they think

hey Jim, do you have any thoughts on how many members would be interested in this rental deal? also, about any responses or people that would be interested in doing this? i don't drag race my S/C, but seeing others doing it would be kool.
I'm, along with a few members at the TCCOA website, trying to get a meet together for us nor-cal-ers. it looks like so far we've got around 8 or 9.

Chris

hey Jim, do you have any thoughts on how many members would be interested in this rental deal? also, about any responses or people that would be interested in doing this? i don't drag race my S/C, but seeing others doing it would be kool.
I'm, along with a few members at the TCCOA website, trying to get a meet together for us nor-cal-ers. it looks like so far we've got around 8 or 9.

Chris

Chris

I only have one interested member in coming out seams the intrest is not much as far a SC's go. David Adams is getting things setup with Dave Smith on getting the track rental its a high cost deal they need to pay the Medics, track crew,the Life flight as well for the two Top fuelers and Pro Mods we are going in with and Et cars. My car is almost ready to go waiting on them now to get the dates and time set on this track testing

In my thoughts Sonoma Infinion is cheaper and better but the open header noise and other stuff came into play. They are looking into that track as well its good closer to the Bay Area for you guys

Go Git It Jim,stay No 1 As Long As Possabe.sure Maby One Day You May Be Beat,thats Life You Know As Well As I Dotheir Is Only So Much That Can Be Done To A Streat Car.true You Do Come From A Pro Raceing Family,that Is What I Think Most People Forget.my Hat Off To Your Family And You.hold On To It As Long As Tou Can.

Thanks Pap

Quest 8 seconds

We been working hard on the new setup we went 9.989et with my dads engine combo setup the first ever 9 second run by an SC. Than moved it up to 9.520et thats as far as it would go with all our mods. Now with the new stroker engine we feel that 8.80's are in our grasp all the reserch and developement we done to do so without Nitrous. I know a stock suspension SC can run in the 8's with the right setup. I am trying to prove a point you dont need the high tech solid rear with ladder bar and K member with light weight struts to go as quick

We ran 9.989et and 9.520et with IRS its neat to see an original SC go this quick and I hope others understand our mission. We know no one has ever pushed an IRS SC car into the 8's. If I distroy or crash the car in the prosses I hope they will know how hard and how much time we put into this effort to make all SC owners proud that a car like there's could go so quick

Last edited:
AGREED,but dont want NO ONE to get hurt in the process.know a lot of time and $$ put into this project,but nothing is worth getting killed or maimed over.you a true friend,just dont end up like me,i would give away every thing i own every cent i have just to stand up and walk again.just words of wisdom.when you and your team make the run i know you will suceed.just be careful.a 8 sec run is quick.

Last edited:
AGREED,but dont want NO ONE to get hurt in the process.know a lot of time and $$ put into this project,but nothing is worth getting killed or maimed over.you a true friend,just dont end up like me,i would give away every thing i own every cent i have just to stand up and walk again.just words of wisdom.when you and your team make the run i know you will suceed.just be careful.a 8 sec run is quick.

Pap

After seeing Brent Davis crash and him now in a wheelchair paralized for the rest of his life makes you think. The Bullet is built safe now our quest first to 8 seconds with an IRS stock suspension Super Coupe. Almost like the old days Win on Sunday Sell on Monday in a car you drive everyday. We may be going to Fallon Nevada to match race that Nitrous Sc on his own turf :)

Back