Anybody know anything about daytona's?

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Friend of mine has a 89 daytona turbo wheeee... anyway he's wanting some more power (it is so lame!) I sugested some sort of cold air intake, exhaust (its shot anyway) a manual boost controler and adjustable FPR. Seems that this stuff would get him going a little better.. Is there anything you can do with these things? its a 2.5... He's only making 8psi seems that a bit more boost would wake it up a bit. Seems that sombody on here has a daytona but i couldnt remember who..

My First Car

Well, growing up, I didn't have the fortune to have cars at a young age..

At Age 21 I bought my first car it was a 1988 Dodge Daytona 2.2 Turbo..

I liked the car.. it was pretty quick...

But got married.. an had to sell the car for the FAMILY car...

I will never be that stupid again.. hahahah

As for mods to it.. I can't tell you... But I can tell you it cuts out at 125 mph

Mopar performance sold everything for that car in cluding an upgraded pcm.

I'd reccomend an exhaust and intake right off th bat. We built one back in 89 that would fry the tires to a high 13 all the way down the track practically. Do some research I'm sure there are support forums...it won't take much for him to get that car moving nice. Try turbomopar.com

Last edited:
Cool thanks.. Its slower than dog crap right now.. My old 300k mile auto accord 4door i used to have would run circles around it..

There are a lot of options. Check out www.allpar.com.

I think your best way to go is to find a 2.2 Turbo II intercooler set up to retrofit, or just fab your own air/air intercooler. That way you can put some real boost to that motor. 15psi should be enough to get you around 200HP.

I just sold my 87 Shelby Charger with a 2.5 and Garrett T2 Turbo, just get a bigger turbo, something factory replacement will work just fine.

jOe

Back