Camshaft sensor timing

90SuperBird

I finally completed the task of dropping my new engine in the Bird, but I can't find the synchronizer for the camshaft sensor. The mechanic I took the car to unplugged the PIP sensor so that the car would at least run, but it doesn't start without a hell of a fight now. I've called specialty shops, they don't have the synchronizer; I've called dealerships, they don't have it ... any clues where I can get this, or how I could get the camshaft sensor timing right without it?

perhaps I can direct..

..you down the right path:

<a href="http://pub29.ezboard.com/fthunderbirdscenthusiastclubfrm13.showMessage?topicID=114.topic">CsPs Alignment</a>

Hi, I also just dropped a new motor in to my SC and I had the exact same problem. I was able to fix mine without the silly "tool" that Ford recondmends. It would take me all day to try to describe the procedure here. Email me your phone number and I will call you and tell you how I did it.

Scott

if u are talking about the entire camshaft synchronizer assembly the car should not run without it. u might want to try a different dealership. i recently purchased one but it is a bit expensive. i paid $185 usd, and thats with my discount. u will probably need to get an intermediate shaft as well as a new cam sensor, assuming that u cant find those either.

Re Cam Sensor Alignment

Go to TBSCEC.com site and under FAQs you will find "Cam sensor alignment procedure (no tool)" by Dr. Fred.

Back