WTB: Auto Dim Rear View Mirror - Excellent Used or NOS

txsc

As per the title, I'm looking for a auto-dim rearview mirror for an 89. It MUST be in excellent condition, including the mirror surface, housing, knob, switch and LED. Also, it must be fully functional; the auto-dim function must operate correctly, just like the owner's manual describes.

If you think you have a good one, PM me and I'll give you an address where you can email photos to me. I want to emphasize that it must work just like new, so something dug out of a box probably isn't going to qualify. I would highly prefer that you're able to test it before shipping. As always, NOS would be best. PM with details and price.

Cheers,

JD

How much you looking to get one for ? I may have one out of a 1994 Mark VIII .. not sure if its exactly the same as the 89 SC - I know thats what youre trying to do is keep it original .. same manufacturer as the one in my 1999 Chevy, so it doesnt have Ford PN's.

- Dan

How much you looking to get one for ? I may have one out of a 1994 Mark VIII .. not sure if its exactly the same as the 89 SC - I know thats what youre trying to do is keep it original .. same manufacturer as the one in my 1999 Chevy, so it doesnt have Ford PN's.

- Dan

Dan - I'll pay fair market for the right piece. But, it's got to be the right piece. I need a "dead-nuts" part that is correct for my 89. I know that the same mirror was used across several makes/models, but to be safe, I'd prefer one from an 89-90 T-Bird. I'll check my 91 parts manual; they may also be the same. Money's not really the issue, but it needs to look and work just like new.

Thanks,

JD

The earlier auto dim mirrirs were the flip type, whereas the later models were a photochromatic type mirror. I have both styles. Both will work, but JD I am sure you are looking for the earlier type. The one I have here is almost like NOS.

The earlier auto dim mirrirs were the flip type, whereas the later models were a photochromatic type mirror. I have both styles. Both will work, but JD I am sure you are looking for the earlier type. The one I have here is almost like NOS.

Yep, I need a "flipper" for my 89. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks,

JD

Back