PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Auto Dim Rear View Mirror - Excellent Used or NOS

txsc
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
As per the title, I'm looking for a auto-dim rearview mirror for an 89. It MUST be in excellent condition, including the mirror surface, housing, knob, switch and LED. Also, it must be fully functional; the auto-dim function must operate correctly, just like the owner's manual describes.

If you think you have a good one, PM me and I'll give you an address where you can email photos to me. I want to emphasize that it must work just like new, so something dug out of a box probably isn't going to qualify. I would highly prefer that you're able to test it before shipping. As always, NOS would be best. PM with details and price.

Cheers,

JD

birds4us
03-05-2008, 10:09 PM
JD,

I know I have one here that works. I just removed it and replaced it with a different one.

txsc
03-06-2008, 09:28 PM
JD,

I know I have one here that works. I just removed it and replaced it with a different one.

So, this begs the question: Why did you remove it? Did you go with a non-auto mirror?

JD

Ddubb
03-06-2008, 09:52 PM
How much you looking to get one for ? I may have one out of a 1994 Mark VIII .. not sure if its exactly the same as the 89 SC - I know thats what youre trying to do is keep it original .. same manufacturer as the one in my 1999 Chevy, so it doesnt have Ford PN's.

- Dan

birds4us
03-06-2008, 10:14 PM
To install a later model auto dimming mirror. I posted about it in a thread earlier.

txsc
03-07-2008, 01:30 AM
How much you looking to get one for ? I may have one out of a 1994 Mark VIII .. not sure if its exactly the same as the 89 SC - I know thats what youre trying to do is keep it original .. same manufacturer as the one in my 1999 Chevy, so it doesnt have Ford PN's.

- Dan

Dan - I'll pay fair market for the right piece. But, it's got to be the right piece. I need a "dead-nuts" part that is correct for my 89. I know that the same mirror was used across several makes/models, but to be safe, I'd prefer one from an 89-90 T-Bird. I'll check my 91 parts manual; they may also be the same. Money's not really the issue, but it needs to look and work just like new.

Thanks,

JD

birds4us
03-07-2008, 07:52 AM
The earlier auto dim mirrirs were the flip type, whereas the later models were a photochromatic type mirror. I have both styles. Both will work, but JD I am sure you are looking for the earlier type. The one I have here is almost like NOS.

txsc
03-07-2008, 07:19 PM
The earlier auto dim mirrirs were the flip type, whereas the later models were a photochromatic type mirror. I have both styles. Both will work, but JD I am sure you are looking for the earlier type. The one I have here is almost like NOS.

Yep, I need a "flipper" for my 89. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks,

JD