Prior ABS accumulator

james5275

Hello everyone,
I finally got around to installing my junkyard accumulator, which I'm pretty sure is also bad. I looked on Prior's website and they only show a complete assembly for the abs system. Anyone bought one from them lately? Hope they're still available! I'll call tomorrow.
Thanks,
jj

I got one from them last year around this time I forget what I paid for it. I would give them a call and see what they say.

prior

i bought one from them about 4 weeks ago.cost 125.00-i believe they list an 800 number on their website. 800-444-4821. i think i talked to wes

:confused: Why don't you just do the abs delete and never worry about the crappy abs system again? It's inexpensive and works great, I did it on the '89sc I have, alot of others have done the same and love it.....:D

Last edited:
If you take the cowling off, it make getting to the accumulator a little easier....

Does your accumulator have a place on the top of it for an allen wrench?

seriously thinking about it

:confused: Why don't you just do the abs delete and never worry about the crappy abs system again? It's inexpensive and works great, I did it on the '89sc I have, alot of others have done the same and love it.....:D

Just exploring the options. Honestly, I want to do the swap. Just need to make it happen. How long did it take you to finish the job? Spring's right around the corner ya know.....
jj

The prior accumulator can be tightened sufficiently with a strap wrench, or if you're clever enough, an oil filter wrench. You won't get the 30lbs recommended like you would with the Ford unit, but I don't think you need it. I've had a prior accum in my red car for over a year now and have no leaks. Its probably around 15lbs. :cool:

prior

sir, while you are near all of the abs and brake stuff i recommend tightening and checking gravity feed from master cylinder, allen bolts on pump. when i changed my accumulator, i developed a few leaks that weren't there before,especially from the pump which leaked on the cat converter and made a lot of unneat smoke

No Accumulators!

Finally called prior today, spoke with Jackie and she says they're out of stock. They won't post them on their site so we will need to call. No accumulators are due in for a couple months. Current price is $125.
I suppose it's time to swap over to standard brakes, which is ok. I'm all for it. Just wanted to let everyone know.
jj

That's what Prior told me last year when I need one. Would not have any for 2 months. Either they aren't manageing their inventory correctly or they really don't want to sell them or they are getting harder to get from Germany. I bought one at Ford. Cost me $202.00 at Jobber price.

ABS Unit

I got a unit from prior 3 years ago and it worked OK for a year. It then went south and luckily it was still under warranty. I sent it back to prior and had it fixed. One year later it's acting up again looks like a bad pressure switch. I'm also thinking about switching to conventional brakes. I've already spent over $500 bucks on a unit from Prior. :(:(Just my 2 cents.. Switch..

Back