Ceramic bearings

kenewagner

I have been reading up some on ceramic bearings. Seems that they are designed to run faster and with less friction. A perfect bearing it would seem for our blowers. Especially when guys here are spinning their blowers 40+ %
I have yet to find rear bearings for my blower. The place that was going to have them for me has yet to produce them for me. I have only to press them in to get my blower back on my car. Does anyone have any experence with ceramic bearings. Where can I go to see what is available.

Ken

Ken, sounds like you still have issues with the bearings. Is there a way to machine the blower case or the rotor stub to accept a readily available bearing set?

Ken,

If you haven't already done so, suggest you contact Wade Embree at this place to see if they have the bearings your looking for.

http://www.thehighspeedlab.com/index.html

David

I have repeatedly tried to get someone there and have yet talked to a live body. When I started this quest for rear bearings I tried every bearing manufacturer I could contact and no one has a bearing. World wide supposedly was going to have some in in January and now we are into March. I am looking at boring the rear holes out and getting a bigger bearing but intrusting my case which has many hours of modifacations and porting to fit my SC to a machinest that could possibly make a mistake is a little scary.

Ken

I though you tried Wade and he did not have any. I get a hold of him after a few tries. I have not spoken to him for alittle while but that is his cell phone on on his webside. I even get him when he is ordering something from a drivertru/:eek: He is not a bad guy once you get ahold of him.

I have repeatedly tried to get someone there and have yet talked to a live body. When I started this quest for rear bearings I tried every bearing manufacturer I could contact and no one has a bearing. World wide supposedly was going to have some in in January and now we are into March. I am looking at boring the rear holes out and getting a bigger bearing but intrusting my case which has many hours of modifacations and porting to fit my SC to a machinest that could possibly make a mistake is a little scary.

Ken

I tried to contact them (Embree) about a year ago to ask about having work done on my blower. Left a phone message and sent an e-mail. Never heard back.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

He is a one man operation FYI. Him and his wife and gets help when he needs it. From my understanding.

Emails were useless to me. They older and always have computer problems they dont know how to fix.
314-277-7414 PHone

Ken,

There is a place in St. Louis area down the street from where Mr. Neibert works called Allied Industrial Bearing (I think.) I have personally gotten bearings from them. I believe that is where Wade used to get his bearings as well. They have bearings with different RPM ratings that will fit our M90 and more than likely an M112. I don't have their # right in front of me but they are located on Rider Trail in Earth City, MO. David drives by there everyday on his way to work maybe he can post the actual name.

Chris

Can you possibly go a size down on the bearing OD? Maybe put in a sleeve with low-strength Loc-Tite to take up the gap.

Can you possibly go a size down on the bearing OD? Maybe put in a sleeve with low-strength Loc-Tite to take up the gap.

That is a possibility. I could turn a sleeve down on the lathe. The down side is a smaller bearing, possibly less RPM capicity and the sleeve would be incredably thin. Only about 2MM thick. But it is a thought.

Ken

Are you looking at blowers for the 4.0L or the later 4.2L engine? From what I can find the 04+ jags that used the 4.2L also had blowers with larger bearings.

Ken,

There is a place in St. Louis area down the street from where Mr. Neibert works called Allied Industrial Bearing (I think.) I have personally gotten bearings from them. I believe that is where Wade used to get his bearings as well. They have bearings with different RPM ratings that will fit our M90 and more than likely an M112. I don't have their # right in front of me but they are located on Rider Trail in Earth City, MO. David drives by there everyday on his way to work maybe he can post the actual name.

Chris

Chris,

I think this is the place your talking about. The Earth City location is across the street from the old MCI/Worldcom building.

http://web.applied.com/

David

I called a local bearing place for Ken on Friday while I was at home with a sick kid. Spent nearly an hour on the phone with them. They didn't have anything close enough to use. All of the bearings were usually off by 2 mm one way or another. None of the bearings even came close to being the correct depth.

Ken,

I don't know if you have seen these or if the Lightning M112 is the same as your Jaguar's case bearing wise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220210035993&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

I ordered a set of bearings that should be here any day. They are 2MM bigger on the outside diameter. A good machinest is going to bore out the holes and install them. I will then be able to replace them in the future and the bigger bearing is better all around as well. From what I can see I cant use the bearings listed on E bay

Ken

Ken,

Where did you order them from and what was the cost for the parts?

Are you replacing all the bearings in the case with ceramics or just the rotor bearings?

Back