where did you find your first SC?

nwnsc

I found mine in a little car lot in nowhere IL asked how much and he said your the first person to ask about it since i got it 6 moths ago im selling at the auction on wed. it was sat. I went to the bank as fast as i could. tus. i got additiced layed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on my way out!!!!!! a 93 5speed red stock

my dad found it on a bullitin at work we went and saw it saw the bad paint job almost walked away he told me to take it for a test drive after that i was hooked. so to days later came back with $900 cash

Seen it here on the forums, forsale less than 200 miles away. Drove to take a look at it. Waited in the parking lot for Trey, and as soon as I heard the car I look, and my jaw drops.

Went back and bought it not long after Trey drove me around Peoria in it.

bought mine off a retired cop... use to be the local city police car he had bought it from them and then from him to me... i got it with 64k 4 years ago...

Got mine from a friend down the street who still has three or four of them - including a '90 XR7. He told me it was the car for me. I said I didn't need a second car. A couple days when by. He convinced me to test drive it. That was it - I was hooked and bought it.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

I got mine through a former coworker of my brothers. It was sitting behind a house in Ballground, GA. The interior was near mint, 68K on the odom, clear title, shot paint. So I offered $500 not knowing how the motor or brakes worked, towed it home, cleaned up a few things, and it fired up and I've been driving it ever since with only a couple minor problems.

Was looking for a project car. Tried to buy my brothers 1970 Dodge Challenger. He wouldnt sell it. Was looking in the paper and saw a 93 SC thunderbird for sell. Decided to go look at it. It was kind of rough but look fast just sitting there. Was thinking how I could make it look sharp and improve it. Offered the guy a couple hundred less then his asking price. Told me he would call and let me know. Next day he said it was mine if I wanted it. Had a bad clunking in it. Drove it to the shop and found the rear roadside wheel hub was totally ate up. Thus starting the rebuilding of just about everything on the car. Wish I had gotten one in better shape but have learned most of what I know through hands on experence.

Ken

Mine found me. I was working for a used car dealer, a former coworker went to the auto auction and purchased it but never paid the boss for it. I knew where the guy lived so I located the car for the boss and called him and told him I thought the car was something special because it was a 5 spd. He said he would send it back to the auction because the market for stick shift cars wasnt good, but if I wanted it I could have it for what was owed on it. I really didnt know what I had till after I got her home and found this website. Thanks SCCOA :D

I went over see my folks on a Saturday afternoon in the spring of 1989 and there was this new, white 89 SC automatic setting in the driveway. I thought someone else was visiting them but I was wrong. Dad took me for a ride and all I could say was "Wow". I told them the day you sell this car I get first chance to buy it. 10 years later I received that phone call with the words I had waited for, "Do you still want the Thunderbird?" That one was the first in the "nest". Now there are 3!

Jim

I got mine in late 95 or early 96 from a dealership in Poulsbo, WA. I was driving a 92 Ranger with the little 2.3L and my frequent trips back home was making me want a better traveling vehicle. I loved the SC when it came out in 89, but had since forgotten all about them until I drove by the lot and saw my white 90 sitting on the corner. It quickly became mine, and after replacing a sticking fuel pump relay, and disconnecting the trunk switch so the alarm would quit going off, I managed to put another 100K on it.
:D

Bought mine from a police auction, funny thing is it was my buddys car that got towed from parking downtown. 250$ with only 76,000 Orig KM 1990 SC 5speed

I needed a beater at the time, so I had one of my friends that owned an SC at the time and told me there was one over in Richmond, IN for sale. The guy wanted $1300 for it.

Then on a Tuesday, I went to look at it, laughed for a couple minutes, and bought it for $1100. It had LX wheels on it, but I bought my friends '95 SC wheels since he had some Cobra R's.

Got home around 2:00PM, cut the exhaust off, put a steel 5% pulley on, went to AutoZone to get a knock-off cone filter, and welded up a 3" CAI. Theeennn after thaaaattt, I took it to the track and beat the poopy outta it.

It's literally a piece of junk. It's the only reason I mod it, to increase the killa sleeper effect. All of the bushings are 19 years old, the LCA bushings are all beat out and it rattles like crazy, etc..

I do not wish for a nice SC. Give me crap or give me death.

Borat-VeryNice.jpg

Always liked the car. Loved the idea of it with a 5spd. Bought a 89 lx 5.0 new in 89, the sc was almost 10grand more, so I got the 5.0. Last year I was looking for something new to play with and I thought of the sc as I have two little ones and it looks like a sedan. My wife would have a fit if I got a 928. So after looking I was dead set on a 95 5spd. Looked on ebay and autotrader and they were either too much or totally beat on. Was about to buy a mark viii and was bored at work and checked autotrader for the hell of it. A 95 5spd was at a local lot 2 miles from my house. Pear white, tan leather, sunroof, one owner from sarasota with 127k. Immaculate. Paid 3500. Awesome day as the sc gods shined down on me.:D:D

We were looking for a car for my wife to get to work in ,
she seen this "pretty black" car on a used car lot,

she had me test drive it she sat in back seat sales man in pass seat,

she loved the car anyways ,

after we got home she wanted to drive it and guess what he didnt know how to drive a stick!!!!,
I showed her how and away she went she never noticed it was a stick when we test drove it and I thought she knew how to drive stick hmm after 20 yrs of marraige i didnt know this about her.

so she has sc for 1 yr she cant stand shifting her work required her to travel up a grade in trafic stop and go stuff and it was a pain to use park brake and clutch gas every 30 seconds so she asked me to trade my explorer for the sc which i reluctantly did,

well thats it i started working on it and it became a quest to get some power out of it, the rest is history. i just sold this sc last month after 8 yrs of owning it but still own a sc or two and always will

Bought my 91 from the local Ford dealer in 93. It had 20K miles on it and was in like new condition....bought it for around $19K.

David

Bought my 89 new from the Ford Dealer near Pottstown, PA in November of 1989. Bought my 92 from a fellow member in like 2001 with 100K miles.

Back