exhaust systems

F

fastsc92

exhaust systems

I was wondering if i could get a Dynomax cat-back kit for my 92 sc. I know flowmaster makes one for the v-8 and you have to buy their conversion kit for an extra $120. All the conversion kit is...is the middle resonator. I was wondering if you could just take that out and put a Y connector in its place. If so i didn't know if dynomax's cat-back kit for the v-8 would work. It should if it fits the v-8 model...and looks the same as the flowmaster kit on summit's site. Taking out the middle resi. should make it sound more like flowmaster......and the dynomax kit uses 2.5 pipe instead of flowmasters 2.25...and is cheaper.....I just needed some help on this idea.....thanks a lot.

Don't...

Do NOT take out the resonator. Its going to sound horrible!! If anything get a long high flow resonator and leave the mufflers off.

Re: Don't...

Check my system from my site. I really like the sound.... not too load, but low and mean... =D

Re: exhaust systems

i dont understand why i cant just take that thing out.....it seems dumb to leave it in there. I didn;t even know that dynomax makes resonators......i wonder if i could get a flowmaster resonator and then get a dynomax cat-back kit...cause its 2.5 pipe. i wonder if the two brands will fit.

Listen to a v6 without a resonator and aftermarket mufflers and it won't seem so dumb...

well thats lousy.....why cant an exhaust for this car be as cheap as other cars??

I don't run a RES, do whatever ya want to man...There are no rules as to what you use or don't use, the car don't care..As long as you meet you emissions laws where you register the car...I got downtubes into two 40 series Flowmasters, and it sounds the BIZZ...Not ricey soundin' IMOP...Do whatever ya want to man....Like I said no rules, the car don't care...

Cheers

i'll prob. get a dynomax cat-back kit for a V8 and take out the resonator. And change the pipes from the cats.....and gut the cats. I just want it to sound nice....i dont want a rice sound and i dont want it to sound ratty. i'm afraid that if i take out the resonator it'll sound bad.....just asking for ideas and experience about the issue.

umm...

you want it to sound nice and not ricey, yet your gonna take out the resonator. Learn from my mistake man....don't take it out. its WELL worth the investment. I just ordered a maganflow resonator. Might wanna look into that.

Back