Help with brakes.

35thSC2

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help with me current brake issues. When i last changed my brake pads I just clamped the brake pucks in to set new pads in. Well i have done this before with no issues. It seems that now it has a lag on building pressure. Everytime i push the brake pedal wether im driving or not, the red brake light and the amber ABS light comes on for a half a second and then goes away. During that blinking I can feel the pedal get down to rear wheels where it gets stiff and then I hear and feel the pump building pressure. All of this happens at the same time, and it seems like when the lights go out is right after the pump has initiated. I haven't seen a lag like this before and i thought it was the accumulator. So, i bought a complete parts car that i know it worked on and changed the accumulator to no avail. Any geniuses out there that could point me in the right direction would be of great help. BTW, the car in question is a 90 SC AOD.

Greg

Well the car i took it out of i personally drove and there were no issues with the braking system on the parts car. To me logic would suggest that if the accumulator was fine in that car it should work the same in the other. I'm just gonna do a good brake bleed to see if that helps any.

Back