If possible, need help!

Quick Cat 89

Guys, as i have told all of you all before, a just replaced the motor in my sc. The motor that came out of it ran 15 to 17 pounds of boost, the motor i put in it only runs 8 to 10.5. I have checked the ic pipes, thinking that was it, but it wasnt. I thought it would be vacuum, but it idles at 19 to 20 pounds of vacuum. Nothing has changed from the motor that i pulled out to the motor that i put in but the intake, blower, and back plenum. I put the pulley on it, thinking that it would run as good, but i just cant get it to. Im going to switch blowers and see if that fixes it, but in the mean time if any of you all know what could cause 20 pounds vacuum and only 8 to 10 pounds of boost please, please, please let me know. This is my first full motor swap by myself, and just turning 17 i think ive done well. But it is just driving me crazy that i cant figure it out. So if anybody has any suggestions, their greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd

presure test the intake instrusions in faq (read only) works great for finding boost leaks.

Back