Tire chirping question????

Red Thunder SC

So I just finished my 2,000kms break-in period on my rebuilt tranny and of course had to take it on the highway to have some fun. I was expecting a chirp from the 1 to 2 shift, but it wasn't there. It does shift a heck of a lot faster now though (as opposed to stock), but no chirp. So my question is, should I be expecting a chirp on a stock 92, with new sticky tires (yoko's Z-rated) a full tank of gas and a 100 pound passenger?

Many Thanks ahead of time,
Stephan

PS: among many other things, the tranny recieved a shift kit in addition to some extra clutch packs.

With out knowing what was done to the trans it is hard to give U a devinitive answer. However without engine and trans mods I am not suprised it doesent cherp. Not cherping is NOT a bad thing the object is to shift fast. Whenever the wheels spin (cherp) U are not moving forward as fast as U could. A little spin off the line can be a good thing however in my experiance a fast non cherping 1-2 2-3 3-4 shift will get U there faster. That is the object U know. In general a good shift will be fast with the RPM droping and moving up smoothly.

i could not chirp with new tires at first they stick a lot more when new. if you have no chirp that is good you go faster

Back