these gears...? those gears?....

wauseonbird

ok guys! I have a lil bit of a delema! lol. I want new ring and pinion gears for my 96 tbird. its got a 4.6L with sum mods. I'm just not sure what gears to get. I was thinking 4.10's (go big or go home). but I was told that 3.73's would be better. Its NOT my daily driver...but I do drive it on the road every once in a while. I'm aiming more towards a race car 4 it though. What do u guys think?

You should ask on Tccoa. I had a 4.6 for a while. In my opinion you should
" go big or go home " If you are going 1/4 mile and don't care about gas mileage, 4.10's is the way to go.

If you plan on driving on the highway much, I'd stick to 3.73's or 4.10's. If you're mainly going to stick to the street/strip, 4.30's or 4.56's. Things like current mods, future mods, planned use, tire size, etc. play a big role here.

-Rod

If you plan on driving on the highway much, I'd stick to 3.73's or 4.10's. If you're mainly going to stick to the street/strip, 4.30's or 4.56's. Things like current mods, future mods, planned use, tire size, etc. play a big role here.

-Rod

well...current mods consist of CAI, Hypertech programmer, and a cat back exhaust. I'd like to make it a full out drag car and possibly run 10's...I'm not real sure on all the specifics yet...I guess I'll just figure things out as they come...

Back