PDA

View Full Version : Epping NH for the new season.

ricardoa1
03-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Who here is going to head up to Epping this year to try out new parts on their SC. I am hoping to get some passes soon as the salt washes off the streets. I think they open in April.

Mikessupercoupe
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Let me know when you're going as I'm dying to go. Maybe Brian will be ready with his new set up.

Mike:rolleyes:

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Why NH? that place is so damn far away. Lebannon FTMFW!!! Come on peoples.

Ira R.
03-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Why NH? that place is so damn far away. Lebannon FTMFW!!! Come on peoples.

Maybe because they're both in the Boston area?? :rolleyes: Which is what, an hour and a little from you?

Come on Eric, you're only an two an a half hours away from Epping. It's not that bad. And Epping is only an extra hour from you then Lebonon is. No big deal. He$$, I'd go too if I had something to run.

Ira

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-12-2008, 01:48 AM
sorry Ira :(

ricardoa1
03-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Epping is closer to me. If we make a meet out of it we can change it to CT but if I am going by myself or just Mike I think epping will be the better choice for me.

SCrazy
03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
I like going to Epping so as soon as I'm back together I'll be going. Just heard from the tranny guy today that it's ready to be picked up.

Maybe I've got something to do this weekend now.:D

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-12-2008, 03:59 PM
boo april. My car wont be ready untill May. Hopefully i will be able to make it to Carlisle. After that i am going to need a lot of practice because I have never raced before so I will be there a lot!! hopefully i can meet some of you crazy poeple

Brian, where did you go to get that tranny rebuilt?

bigpoppa822
03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm planning to go up May 2nd and race instead of spectate for the first time. :)

However, I'd be very willing to change the date if some local SCers want to go up a different time.

Ira R.
03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
boo april. My car wont be ready untill May. Hopefully i will be able to make it to Carlisle. After that i am going to need a lot of practice because I have never raced before so I will be there a lot!! hopefully i can meet some of you crazy poeple

Don't worry about it. You'll have lots of fun, and with that list of mods you will do just fine!!

Ira

Want2LearnTBIRD
03-12-2008, 11:47 PM
You should get that car ready Ira!!! maybe we could race a little lol .... i think we have some of the same parts in our engine.

Ira R.
03-13-2008, 12:11 AM
You should get that car ready Ira!!! maybe we could race a little lol .... i think we have some of the same parts in our engine.

I'll be ready. The time will come ;)

Ira

Rob m
03-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Is there going to be any group gatherings there?? I was thinking about going down for Fast Ford weekend. I don't want to drive 4 hours one way just to make a couple passes

SCrazy
03-14-2008, 08:52 AM

I'm going with a C4 from Dynamic Transmission in North Branford.

ricardoa1
03-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Is there going to be any group gatherings there?? I was thinking about going down for Fast Ford weekend. I don't want to drive 4 hours one way just to make a couple passes

We can make a meet out of it. :D

As soon as the 2008 schedule gets put up we can start to coordinate on a good day in April or early May. The sooner the better to get the best ETs since the weather is cold. When it starts to warm up records are harder to break.

I still need to tune the Alky injection and Nitrous. Not sure how and when that will happen.

Rob m
03-14-2008, 10:41 AM
We can make a meet out of it. :D

As soon as the 2008 schedule gets put up we can start to coordinate on a good day in April or early May. The sooner the better to get the best ETs since the weather is cold. When it starts to warm up records are harder to break.

I still need to tune the Alky injection and Nitrous. Not sure how and when that will happen.

I wont be breaking any records thats for sure. I am hopeing for a 14 sec pass and i will be happy. It would just be nice to meet you and the rest of the guys. I will be there if the snow disappears ever. I still have 3 feet in my yard

ricardoa1
04-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Alright guys epping is open. When do the rest of you want to do this.
I got my ET Streets on rims. I finished the Snow installation, just want to fill it up with so homemade boost juice. And about to order the nitrous fuel jet for the car. Wideband is going on sometime this week. And next weekend I should have the nitrous set up. Lets not wait till it gets warmer. Cold weather is best. I figure two weeks from now should be a good deadline and maybe.
Me, Mike Irving and a few others can come and make a few passes. Maybe Jason "fast92sc" will have his car ready, seems you hold the record at 11.68.
Not sure I can come close with a 65shot but if I get low 12 that will be a good start for me, I hope I can get out of the 13s but if I cannot thats ok too. Ill join the Ira cant drive foundation :p

Anyone else in northern NE with an SC?

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Won't be ready until June :mad:

fastsc92
04-06-2008, 09:26 PM
i need paint first.....the car is appart waiting for a painter but no one wants to paint a whole car. I hope to have it done by june.

From plenty of experience the track from now until late may is a waste. The prep is terrible. If you want your best times, go on a test and tune day rather than a street night. You make less passes, but overall you get better runs. I only live 30 min from the track, but I need to find the time off of school to get up there. thesis research is going to own my life this summer.

Regardless I think we should head up there a few times this summer as a meet.

bigpoppa822
04-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Soonest I can go up is May, when I'm home from school and I register my car.

Rob m
04-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Alright guys epping is open. When do the rest of you want to do this.
I got my ET Streets on rims. I finished the Snow installation, just want to fill it up with so homemade boost juice. And about to order the nitrous fuel jet for the car. Wideband is going on sometime this week. And next weekend I should have the nitrous set up. Lets not wait till it gets warmer. Cold weather is best. I figure two weeks from now should be a good deadline and maybe.
Me, Mike Irving and a few others can come and make a few passes. Maybe Jason "fast92sc" will have his car ready, seems you hold the record at 11.68.
Not sure I can come close with a 65shot but if I get low 12 that will be a good start for me, I hope I can get out of the 13s but if I cannot thats ok too. Ill join the Ira cant drive foundation :p

Anyone else in northern NE with an SC?

I am looking at 2-3 weeks out. I still have 2 feet of snow! I know it sounds crazy with the weather as nice as it was yesterday. The weather is supposed to be nice this week so i think i will get it out on monday, put on my new parts and i will be ready to play. Keep me posted on when you are headed and i will keep you posted on when i am ready to go.

Rob m
04-07-2008, 06:10 AM
i need paint first.....the car is appart waiting for a painter but no one wants to paint a whole car. I hope to have it done by june.

From plenty of experience the track from now until late may is a waste. The prep is terrible. If you want your best times, go on a test and tune day rather than a street night. You make less passes, but overall you get better runs. I only live 30 min from the track, but I need to find the time off of school to get up there. thesis research is going to own my life this summer.

Regardless I think we should head up there a few times this summer as a meet.

I know this reaaly cheap guy to paint your car. His name is krylon. LOL just kidding. good luck finding someone. hope to see you there

Mikessupercoupe
04-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Anybody heard from Brian yet. Did he finish the tranny swap? I know he's ready to hit New England Dragway as soon as he finishes. I need to check my linelock out. Since they put new upper and lower control arms in they stopped working. Other than that I'll be ready.

Mike:cool:

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Anybody heard from Brian yet. Did he finish the tranny swap? I know he's ready to hit New England Dragway as soon as he finishes. I need to check my linelock out. Since they put new upper and lower control arms in they stopped working. Other than that I'll be ready.

i think so.....

I'm going with a C4 from Dynamic Transmission in North Branford.

ricardoa1
04-07-2008, 11:03 AM
I forgot I need a helmet and a fire jacket to run. :rolleyes:

So I have to add that to the purchase list.

Most of you cannot make May either. :( June starts to get hot.

Mike I. are you going to the Dayton meet?

fastsc92
04-07-2008, 12:50 PM
fire jacket....what for?

I;ve never had to have a fire jacket up there. I've been going for 6 years almost every week. You only need a helmet for 13.99 or faster. A roll bar for 11.49 or faster, ect ect.

I may even say screw the paint, get the bumpers and glass back on the car and take it up there in half primer. It'll be a real sleeper then.... But it'll also look like a heap.

ricardoa1
04-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I thought it was necessary if running nitrous no matter what index.

You can write work in progress, on the back window. Its cooler to see a big old heep going down the track fast then a nice shinny one. The shinny ones are expected to go fast.

SCrazy
04-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Tranny swap about 50% complete....Darn Little League tryouts killed me.

You shouldn't need a jacket...just the helmet.

Ira R.
04-07-2008, 03:51 PM

If you get a tech guy who knows his stuff and wants to break chops then we all need fire jackets guys. You running the stock blower or an aftermarket one :rolleyes: ;)

That's why I bought one and keep it in the trunk. I almost got nabbed last year and it felt good to know that I had it just in case. And they're cheap enough.

Ira

Mikessupercoupe
04-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I forgot I need a helmet and a fire jacket to run. :rolleyes:

So I have to add that to the purchase list.

Most of you cannot make May either. :( June starts to get hot.

Mike I. are you going to the Dayton meet?

I'm seriously thinking about it just need to get the time off of work. This is the busy time for me at work, but I'm pretty sure its a go. It looks as if it will be a good turnout.

Mikessupercoupe
04-07-2008, 04:21 PM

Git ur done! You want to sell that 5spd now that you don't need it?

Mike:D

fastsc92
04-07-2008, 06:59 PM
i've been running nitrous up there for the last 4 years and I've never had to have a jacket. Hell, I don't even have a blow-down down. As long as its in the trunk they consider it sealed from the driver, even though i dont have any sort of firewall. They are only concerned about that stuff in a hatch car.

ricardoa1
04-07-2008, 07:01 PM
So come up with me. I can throw you under the bus if I get checked. :D

Ira R.
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
i've been running nitrous up there for the last 4 years and I've never had to have a jacket. Hell, I don't even have a blow-down down. As long as its in the trunk they consider it sealed from the driver, even though i dont have any sort of firewall. They are only concerned about that stuff in a hatch car.

[shrug] Every track is different. Every tech inspector is different. I understand that there are plenty of T&T's out there where all they want is your money and don't really care too much about anything else. He$$ I've been thru tech where they didn't even ask about the motor, let alone look at it. And then I know a car that runs 10's without a cage and usually doesn't get chased until after his second run of the night :rolleyes:

Just seems to me that $100 bucks is cheap enough that I don't have to worry about making the drive to an unknown track and being sent home early, thats all.

Ira

fastsc92
04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
So come up with me. I can throw you under the bus if I get checked. :D

Next time you go up there, I'll try to free up some time as well. I have a set of slicks if you want to use them, as well as an extra nitrous bottle, bottle heater, wirebamd o2, data logger, tuner card, laptop ect. Anything on my car is free game if you want to use it in the meantime.

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Set of slicks eh? I am in need, are you selling or just lending out to use for fun?

ricardoa1
04-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Set of slicks eh? I am in need, are you selling or just lending out to use for fun?

I think he is offering them to me :p We have a special bond/arrangement ;)

How about the weekend of the 23rd. To help the jackstand teams to get ready.

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I know it may be a little hotter but are you guys going to be doing anything over the summer (after carlisle) . I am in college now and am trying to get everything but money and time are making it hard. I have put almost $10k into this car in only 8 months which i think is a lot especially since i'm only working 10 hours a week. I was just hoping to get the car done for carlisle but after that i would like to practice racing it because i have never done it before and my car is a 5spd. I would deffinately like to meet up with some of you NE'ers and drag a little but we'll see. Lebanon = 1 hour, Epping = 3 hours. :rolleyes:

fastsc92
04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
That date could work out. As for the slicks, they are for temp use only. As long as they dont get the snot beat out of them, thats cool. I'm working on getting some skinnies for the front too, and they might be here by that date....

I could prob. take the nitrous out if someone wants that too.

ricardoa1
04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I meant to add May to the post

fastsc92
04-07-2008, 10:13 PM
I meant to add May to the post

Did you get that STB figured out?

ricardoa1
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I gotta go brab it from my moms house.

ricardoa1
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I take it I am going solo on that date, weekend of May 23 :o

Nobody stepped up at that suggestion.

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-08-2008, 06:13 PM
may 23rd is around the starting of build time...:rolleyes:

Ira R.
04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
I take it I am going solo on that date, weekend of May 23 :o

Nobody stepped up at that suggestion.

What time would you be leaving, and how far is it from Boston??

Ira

ricardoa1
04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
I dont need a hotel up threre its pretty close to boston I can drive there and come back that same day. I think Saturday is a good day incase something happens you have sunday to get things sorted out. Like renting a trailer at the local Uhaul :eek:

Ira R.
04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I dont need a hotel up threre its pretty close to boston I can drive there and come back that same day. I think Saturday is a good day incase something happens you have sunday to get things sorted out. Like renting a trailer at the local Uhaul :eek:

You tawkin' to me!? :eek:

Ira

ricardoa1
04-08-2008, 10:26 PM
You tawkin' to me!? :eek:

Ira

the trailer thing was not directed to you Ira. I was talking in general including myself. But since you brought it up I now find Humor in my quote if it was directed to you. JK

Ira R.
04-08-2008, 11:08 PM
the trailer thing was not directed to you Ira. I was talking in general including myself. But since you brought it up I now find Humor in my quote if it was directed to you. JK

I can see how you would ;) Seriously, Gail has been making noises about going to see the daughter in Boston sometime soon so I thought maybe I could tie that in with your trip. I don't think the car will be up for it yet though.

Ira

ricardoa1
04-08-2008, 11:22 PM
That would be no problem. I live in West Roxbury.
What town does she live in?

Mikessupercoupe
04-09-2008, 12:43 AM

May 23rd is a Friday. Don't know about Friday but Saturday is a possibility. According to if I have any money left over after Dayton. Saturday I can use my Ramp truck instead of a trailer. I don't really save any money but its better to have if anything gets broken and I can carry two cars incase anybody else has a problem.:D

Mike

ricardoa1
04-09-2008, 12:52 AM
I cannot do Friday either. Saturday and Sunday is the only day I can do it
I meant the weekend of the 23rd. But to be more specific Saturday the 24th.

Average weather for that date is 60-70s

Ira R.
04-09-2008, 06:40 AM
That would be no problem. I live in West Roxbury.
What town does she live in?

She is moving in a couple of weeks from Somerville to Brookline, I think it is. Mom wants to stop in and check out the new place and see her daughter. I thought maybe I could drop her off and make the trip with you guys. I will have to see if she wants to go up that weekend.

Not sure if the car will be ready or even up for it though. I imagine I will still be breaking in the enigne, clutch and such. Have to see. Of course that doesn't stop me from making the trip, just from really pushing the car. Nice to know Mike will be there with a "return ticket" just in case too ;)

Ira

SCrazy
04-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I think that's a good date....and it's my anniversary weekend. What better way to spend our anniversary.

Mikessupercoupe
04-09-2008, 09:16 AM
She is moving in a couple of weeks from Somerville to Brookline, I think it is. Mom wants to stop in and check out the new place and see her daughter. I thought maybe I could drop her off and make the trip with you guys. I will have to see if she wants to go up that weekend.

Not sure if the car will be ready or even up for it though. I imagine I will still be breaking in the enigne, clutch and such. Have to see. Of course that doesn't stop me from making the trip, just from really pushing the car. Nice to know Mike will be there with a "return ticket" just in case too ;)

Ira

Ira,

Your daughter is in the next town over from where I work. Charlestown is right next door. Give her my number in case she ever breaks down and needs to be towed. Even if I'm not working I can have her picked up.

Mike

Ira R.
04-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Ira,

Your daughter is in the next town over from where I work. Charlestown is right next door. Give her my number in case she ever breaks down and needs to be towed. Even if I'm not working I can have her picked up.

Mike

Thank you sir. You are too kind.

And now her mom will sleep better knowing that if the sky falls in the middle of the night she will have someone local to call.

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
04-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Rico always thinking two steps ahead!

ricardoa1
04-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I wont be able to make this. Not sure if others were going to go. I will be back on jackstands till further notice.
I am driving my car back home after work limping, I expect not to have this resolved by that date.

Ira R.
04-22-2008, 06:30 PM
I wont be able to make this. Not sure if others were going to go. I will be back on jackstands till further notice.
I am driving my car back home after work limping, I expect not to have this resolved by that date.

Limpng??? :eek: You or the car?? You okay???

Ira

ricardoa1
04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Im ok the car....no so much. Just some mechanical issues right now.
Ill post when I tear it apart again....:mad:

Mikessupercoupe
04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
That blower again? I think I would beat it down with a sludge hammer. Sorry to hear the bad news.Be glad it didn't go at a WOT nitrous shot. That could of gotten real ugly.

Mike:eek:

ricardoa1
04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah, but not the same issue, not sure what to blame it on either.
Im on the tech bord trying to get some answers.

SCrazy
04-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Did the case crack? If not from looking at the pictures I would think you could replace the bearings and clean it up for time being. That really sucks though I was looking forward to seeing that thing in action.

Keep at it.

Mikessupercoupe
04-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey Brian,

Did you get you car ready yet? Are you going to Dayton?

Mike

SCrazy
04-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey Brian,

Did you get you car ready yet? Are you going to Dayton?

Mike

Waiting on new driveshaft otherwise OK but I can't make Dayton.

To much crap with the kids baseball, softball & hockey tournament that weekend.

Mikessupercoupe
04-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Thats ok we will see you in New Hampshire soon. Just let me know when you're ready.

ricardoa1
06-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Lets get this going again. Whos car is ready and who still need time?

Lets set up a date. Weather is getting hot. I dont want to take my car out on a 90deg day. It would be pointless and torturing on the car.

fastsc92
06-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Ideally, I'd like to wait until the car is done done, since all the trim, mirrors and bumpers are removed, but I could slap it on there to make the trip. My bottle still needs to get filled and I'm sure there are a handful of little odds and ends that need to be finished.

On a side note, if I don't race and someone is going up there and needs a set of slicks and skinnies, let me know and I can meet you up there. We can even use my wideband and nitrous if needed......

ricardoa1
06-21-2008, 01:20 AM
I think every SC owner has odd ends to work on in their car.

I gotta check for boost leaks,
rehook up the nitrous line,
hook up the LM1 inputs from the computer,
test what jets are the best for me.
and redo an aligment.
I got a new header leak.

I did refill the nitrous bottle and installed the new style blowout valve. I have to hook up the blowdown now.

fastsc92
06-21-2008, 11:22 AM
I just think my odds and ends are at the extreme ends of the scale...:p

But lets pick a date and go from there..... Are we looking at Test and Tune days or are we looking for a Wed or Friday night? Track prep is way better on the test days but you wait most of the day to get a race and you can usually only average about 3-4 passes. If you get there early on a night, you can get at least 8 runs in. Track prep at night isn't all that bad if you're running heavy cars like us. I can still manage to pull a 1.6xx light in either condition.

SCrazy
06-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I think if I had a date to work towards I could hit just about anything short of next weekend the only bad week for me is 7/19-7-27. I don't mind a Wednesday or Friday night either.

ricardoa1
06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Next weekend is too short of notice.

I would have to take the day off if set a date on the weekdays. Its no problem with some notice.

Fourth of July weekend is too busy for most, since its mostly a family holiday so that would need to be skipped. The only other weekend is the July 12th. After that weekend I get married the following weekend and go on the honeymoon the weekend after that. So for July I only have one weeked to play with 12th. I think a saturday event will get some more SCrs out there IMO.

bigpoppa822
06-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I'll definitely go, I'm not happy with my new blower though. I should be making more than 11PSI, I think my intercooler is blocked or something.

ricardoa1
06-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Its like pulling teeth with you guys in NE. Anyone interested? ;)

Ill just have to post time slips the next day and surprise you all. Or maybe keep them to myself. :eek:

fastsc92
06-25-2008, 12:04 PM
pick a date and lets go...i'll slap my parts on there and see what it runs

ricardoa1
06-25-2008, 12:14 PM
I did can anyone make it?

"So for July I only have one weeked to play with 12th"
Saturday......Three weekends from now.....

fastsc92
06-25-2008, 12:17 PM
sorry, didn't see that post. I'm camping that weekend. I should just drive near you and we can toy around on the streets for a few hours

ricardoa1
06-25-2008, 12:19 PM
5th of July? Anyone?

fastsc92
06-25-2008, 12:25 PM
there is no test session for that day. NED only lists dates for the 13th and 26th of July.

http://www.nedragway.com/html/home.php?dest=testsession

ricardoa1
06-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Cancel your camping trip, or reschedule it. :P

What is wrong with street nights?

fastsc92
06-25-2008, 12:41 PM
nothing is wrong with them....

on a side note, i need to get my bottle filled, the local place shut down and the guy at the track isn't there anymore...what's your source?

I still have to get my cut-off switch figured out before i can get up there. Sucks because I'm going to be embaressed when I go with the car looking the way it does...I might just not even run front or rear bumpers, or trim/ground effects....If its going to looks bad, I might as well make it look REALY bad.

SCrazy
06-25-2008, 01:59 PM
13th works for me, I could do Wednesday or Friday that week as well.

ricardoa1
06-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I just filled it up at a place near my work in the Wrentham/Foxboro line.
$50 bux cash. I dont think they have a permit for it, otherwise they would not have made a big deal of it. When can you get the car ready by> 4rth of July they seem to be open for street night. We can tool around during the afternoon. Then head up before 5pm.
I have the day off that friday.

fastsc92
06-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm going to have to get my ~~~ in gear with the car this weekend and see how much I can bang out. I have to get it registered, inspected and insured to add to that list....

ricardoa1
06-25-2008, 02:08 PM
13th works for me, I could do Wednesday or Friday that week as well.

Brian can you do next friday.

He is going camping that weekend

SCrazy
06-26-2008, 08:42 AM
I can make the 4th work.

Anybody heard from Mike??

ricardoa1
06-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Cool. So thats 3 anymore. Mike where you at. :D

fastsc92
06-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I def need to get my a$$ in gear this weekend then.... I'll try my hardest guys. I just found out that my bottle may need to be hydrostatic tested...i think I got it back in 2003..... Add that to the list...

If i can't make it to race, I'll def go to watch. Any takers on the slicks and skinnies for the night?

ricardoa1
06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
I def need to get my a$$ in gear this weekend then.... I'll try my hardest guys. I just found out that my bottle may need to be hydrostatic tested...i think I got it back in 2003..... Add that to the list...

If i can't make it to race, I'll def go to watch. Any takers on the slicks and skinnies for the night?

Get it done....
I can help you out Friday morning and afternoon if you want to get together. I can come up to your parents house if you want. Thats where the car is right?

fastsc92
06-26-2008, 11:21 AM
yea its there. But the things I needs to do are just little. But there are a lot of them....The biggest issue is my front end....

This weekend I plan to:
fix the speedo input so that it is logging correctly on the wideband.
Figure out why my front end is sitting higher than the rear
Get my cut-off switch in working order
Get it ready to be registered and inspected
Get my bottle tested
Fill my bottle
Rebuild my purge solenoid
Do a half-a$$ tune

My tires for the skinnies haven't come in yet so it looks like I'll be either using the rims and tires that Skip let me borrow for the fronts, or run my cobra's. The cobra's just weight over 50lb's each.

I decided that I'll slap on the front and rear bumpers, but I'll leave all the reveal moldings, trim, door panels, seats and ground fx off. No sense putting them on there if they'll be coming off in a few weeks anyways. It's going to look like hell and it kills me to drive and be seen with it like that...

I'm not expecting great times just since I'm basically starting from scratch again, not to mention the car hasn't been run or driven more than 10 min in almost 3 years :eek:

ricardoa1
06-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Well gether done already.

No one will critizice your car. You should have seen Caseys car at the shootout. The biggest underdog you have ever seen.

It is cool when the car is underestimated and looks have alot to do with it.
Just install the bumpers. ;)

ricardoa1
06-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Whether looks good for that day, looks like sunny high of 85F, should start to cool down in the evening with 61F by the night.

fastsc92
06-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I never trust weather men nowadays. I'd like to see what happens when the date gets closer...

Mikessupercoupe
06-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Cool. So thats 3 anymore. Mike where you at. :D

What's up? You guys decide on a day to go racing? Brian do you have your car all straightened out?

ricardoa1
06-27-2008, 11:30 AM
What's up? You guys decide on a day to go racing? Brian do you have your car all straightened out?

July 4th 5pm. Can you make it. I think Brian says he will make it work.

Ira R.
06-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Mike has so many secret projects going on I wonder if he even has a car ready to race....?? ;) :eek: :D

Ira :D

Mikessupercoupe
06-27-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm gonna try real hard, but I'm not sure I can be ready then. The cars are

ready just don't know if I will be. I really need to do this since I didn't get to

race when we went to Dayton:(
Mike

fastsc92
06-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Update for me:

1.) I was able to rebuild my purge solenoid. It needed a new plunger seal.
2.) Nitrous Bottle def. needs to be tested before it is filled
3.) Battery Cut-off is working
4.) Did some tuning. Car idles good, mixture seems good at idle and reving
5.) Rear bumper is back on there, as well as the ground effects for now, just because it looks better with them installed.
6.) Speedo sensor on the data-logger still doesn't read correctly for some reason, I may try tapping in a different location.
7.) Mirrors and lights are installed so I can get it on the road

I still need to iron out some more things but it's getting there. I wont be able to work on it until Friday morning, so everything HAS to go as planned for me to get it there for the night. Keeping my fingers crossed....

ricardoa1
06-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Nice.
For me.

My tie rods are in, and car is aligned.

I still have to put the fiberglass hood on. I want to primer it Black so it does it look like a wreck. Also need to replumb the nitrous fitting the location where I put it first is too thin and it stripped and came out.

Id like to strip the car of seats and stereo equipment for Friday but that should not take too long.

I do need a helmet, I totally forgot about it. I might have to but a cheap one at a bike shop.

ricardoa1
06-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Any other SCrs want to go, aside from us 4...

fastsc92
06-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I have a few helmets if you want to save a few bucks you can borrow one for the night. One is a motocross helmet, the other is a $600 Arai street bike helmet.

ricardoa1
06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I have a few helmets if you want to save a few bucks you can borrow one for the night. One is a motocross helmet, the other is a $600 Arai street bike helmet.

Ill take whatever. As long as it will pass with them, What size is your melon.

bigpoppa822
06-30-2008, 08:16 AM
This is VERY tempting, I'm going to Ossippee this weekend with my folks, maybe leave home after them then go up at the end of the night...

I'll have to talk to them about it.

How come the track is even open on July 4th?

Dunno if I'd need a helmet either, I'd be very suprised to see 13s but this car has surprised me on the street.

fastsc92
06-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Both are large I think. Both will pass tech.

fastsc92
06-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Also, that weekend is the start of Summer Nat's in Worcester so the track might be less crouded.

ricardoa1
06-30-2008, 10:23 AM
This is VERY tempting, I'm going to Ossippee this weekend with my folks, maybe leave home after them then go up at the end of the night...

I'll have to talk to them about it.

How come the track is even open on July 4th?

Dunno if I'd need a helmet either, I'd be very suprised to see 13s but this car has surprised me on the street.

The 2008 schedule sais they are open, I did not call and confirm.

fastsc92
06-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Well...good and bad news...

Got my bottle tested today, cost $50 which stinks, but it was ready in an hour vs. a 1.5 week turn-around at cheaper places, plus they gave me a free fire extingusher for the car:cool:

I'll get the car registered by Friday, but I don't think I'll get it inspected. I believe I have ten days anyways...

Bad news...

Something is up with my coil pack. One of the cylinders is miss-firing. I thought it was a plug issue, but it's not producing spark on the #3 cylinder. No one has a coil pack locally and most places are closed Friday and won't be able to get one in time.

I still cannot figure out why my speedo signal on the logger is jumpy. I tried tapping at the ECU and the cluster( its the same line anyways...) to see if it would make a difference, it didn't. Not a huge deal, but a pain in the arse.

No skinnies yet, not sure what the hold-up is....

I'll keep rollin the dice to see if I can get it there by Friday. If not, I'll still attend for sure.

ricardoa1
06-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I can let you borrow the coil pack from my brothers 93 that is not registered yet. Can you make it down sometime this week?

I dont even have a legit sticker on the car. My rejected inspection sticker is expired on my car. :D I am witing till later on in the year when they get rid of the rollers for emisions testing.

fastsc92
06-30-2008, 06:27 PM
not sure if I can make it down there before friday. I'm not 100% certain it's the coil pack either. Most likely it is. The wires and plugs check out fine.

I'll be getting the bottle filled ASAP, and I might even look into filling my own bottles. I can get a bulk 75lb tank with a siphon tube for $30 ( I know a guy...). If I chill the bottles I wont need a pump, but a pump is a better system( Costs $700..). I'll work out those details the weeks after we race.....hopefully.

You swapped the bolt pattern on your car correct? Do you have slicks to use?

ricardoa1
06-30-2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95481

I got that covered.

bigpoppa822
07-01-2008, 08:06 AM
I have problems, not sure if I can go now.

My car is using a bunch of coolant and running hot enough to the point where my check gauge light comes on but not smoking white out the tailpipe, won't idle when hot but only sometimes, yesterday I got a CEL while driving around and the car didn't even want to start back up after I shut it off to let it cool down. Then on my way home it was fine, had all its power and everything.
I'm hoping to god I didn't blow a headgasket, the motor in this car has less than 2000 miles on it.

My dad and I are gonna look at it today and see what's up, I really want to go up to the track and see everyone's cars.

ricardoa1
07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I have problems, not sure if I can go now.

My car is using a bunch of coolant and running hot enough to the point where my check gauge light comes on but not smoking white out the tailpipe, won't idle when hot but only sometimes, yesterday I got a CEL while driving around and the car didn't even want to start back up after I shut it off to let it cool down. Then on my way home it was fine, had all its power and everything.
I'm hoping to god I didn't blow a headgasket, the motor in this car has less than 2000 miles on it.

My dad and I are gonna look at it today and see what's up, I really want to go up to the track and see everyone's cars.

Do you have a front mount? Make sure you are not getting bubbles in the coolant overflow when you are running the car. Check the dipstick and make sure there is no milky oil on it and stop running the car if that is the case.
You might have a bubble in the system so make sure to take off the bleed bolt on the tstat housing to bleed air out of the system. Make sure the fans are running like they should.

bigpoppa822
07-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Do you have a front mount? Make sure you are not getting bubbles in the coolant overflow when you are running the car. Check the dipstick and make sure there is no milky oil on it and stop running the car if that is the case.
You might have a bubble in the system so make sure to take off the bleed bolt on the tstat housing to bleed air out of the system. Make sure the fans are running like they should.

Still running stock IC until my front mount parts come in. I looked at the dipstick last night and the oil looked okay to me, I might just change it to make sure it's okay. My fan runs very funky, almost like it does when it wants to and thats it, no matter how hot the car is.
Why did Ford put such tiny radiators in these things? I understand there needs to be room for the IC but they're tiny.

I have never seen bubbles in the coolant, it took almost a third of a gallon last night though. But, it doesn't smoke so where the hell is the coolant going?

Since I'm still on the stock IC could it make IATs high enough where it detonated and popped an HG?

ricardoa1
07-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Coolant should not dissapear but, when was the last time you topped it off. Did you put that galon again from lets say last week. Or its been a while that you have not topped off and yesterday you needed to add.

SCrazy
07-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Long range weather showing cloudy highs in the 70s for Friday.

Looookiiinnng Goooooood

fastsc92
07-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Registering the car today. I'll pass on the inspection for now. I'll work on getting insurance by Friday.

Issue is with the coil-pack. The plastic connector snapped off on the #3. I glued it for now, it should hold until I can get a replacement.

Bottle will be filled tomorrow. I've had no time to tune since the car is at my parents house. I'll be driving up with the slicks, hopefully this time i don't end up through a pole :rolleyes:. I'll have to do the tuning on the drive up.

I had an old program but since I did the exhaust and IC, the car never idled right. I started from scratch with the transfer function and injector pulses this time and the car idles like a champ. I was able to turn off the 02's to check the ratio at idle to around 2500, no load of course. Once I get it on the street I should be able to nail down the rest of the MAF curve. The timing and fuel tables all stayed how they were the last few years.

Does anyone have a cig lighter adapter that can convert to 110AC? I need to plug my laptop in otherwise the battery wont hold a charge all night.

fastsc92
07-02-2008, 01:08 PM
looks like the rain might roll in...Epping is predicting 50% chance of rain....:(

SCrazy
07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Unless there's 100% chance of rain I plan of rolling out of Connecticut at about 1pm which puts me at the track by 3:30 or so. I'm bringing the wife and kids so we'll be doing a little cookout or something before the track actually opens.

See you all tomorrow.

fastsc92
07-03-2008, 09:03 AM
I plan on leaving the boston area around 11am, I'll be in NH around 11:30, and I'm going to do my last min changes and repairs to get it on the road by 4:30 and I'll be at the track by 5 when the gates open.

Ricardo, do you want to meet somewhere or just meet at the track. I usually take 111 to 125 to get up there.

ricardoa1
07-03-2008, 10:36 AM
We can drive up together if you want. We can work on our cars toghether or I can work on the car at home and meet there, Its all good.

I have not been able to do some of the things that I wanted to do.
I think I should tow the car there but I want to save the $50 bux. I dont know what to do.

fastsc92
07-03-2008, 10:40 AM
$50 for a tow....thats cheap

I was trying to locate a trailer for mine so that I wouldn't have to get it registered. No luck though.

This week I've spent and easy 600 just to get it ready for the track. I better run a best time, or shoot 3 rods through the pan....

I know I'm going to have to work on mine before I leave. There are a bunch of things needed before it's road worthy. Meeting there would prob. be the best option. My cell is 603-264-7252 if anyone needs to contact me.

ricardoa1
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Well I have truck I was talking about the Uhaul carports that go for $50 a day

ricardoa1
07-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I hope you guys got home ok.

Too bad we could not represent the SCs better. But it was nice to hang out anyways.

I am goint to put my stuff back in the car and see if I head out to Worcester. Maybe ill drive it to a wall there and impress a bunch of people that way.

fastsc92
07-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I got home alright...with many check engine lights along the way.

The codes were for both banks reaching the lean limit for adaptive control, so it was way too rich. That means that my transfer function was way too rich. Not sure why the ratio never settled back down. Always ran a 12.9-12.7. It should be richer than that. Oh well...I'll toy around on the street with it today and see if I can figure things out. Thats what I get for rushing into the season.

I'm looking into a blow-down tube now, just not sure what brand to get. I need a tube that does 180*. Ricardo...does you bottle valve have the release valve 90* from the outlet?

We'll have to plan another trip up there so one of our cars can run into the 11's like they should.

ricardoa1
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM
The tube is a 90 degree bended alumunum tube. The safty disc and fitting is on the right of the bottle. Ill see if I can post a picture. Aside from the bottle not turning on, due to the safty feul pressure swich not being set right, I forgot I took out the octane swtich out for the nitrous runs. The first run I did manage a 109MPh nitrous not activating, and even thought the intercooler tube blew out. Taking out the octane switch kept getting me 101 99 100 MPH. And the nitrous never turned on. I think I have mechanical issues Not sure if its Boost major boost leaks, cluch or what. I am still scratching my head as to why I my times sucked so so bad. But that will be our little secret.

fastsc92
07-05-2008, 02:37 PM
109mph is good for a mid 12.....

ricardoa1
07-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I put my car to the scales.

Looks like the car is
in street trim is 3780lbs
Last night with seats and stuff removed 3630lbs
I weight in at 180/184. So I was running 3810lbs last night.

ricardoa1
07-06-2008, 12:56 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/Picture012.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/Picture003.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/Picture004-1.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/Picture016.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/Picture015.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/Picture014.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/th_Picture028.jpg (http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/?action=view&current=Picture028.flv)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/th_Picture029.jpg (http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/?action=view&current=Picture029.flv)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/th_Picture030.jpg (http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/ricardoa1/?action=view&current=Picture030.flv)

fastsc92
07-06-2008, 10:49 AM
ricardo, when you get a tune file....what file extension is it? Is it .gui??

ricardoa1
07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I have a the sct software .zcf

SCrazy
07-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Looks like you guys got in a couple more runs after I left. We all had a good time and it was good to see you again.

Thanks again to Ricardo for the loan of your coil, it would've sucked to push that thing up onto the trailer.

We need to pick another date and get back up there.

Friday August 1st looks good for me so far.

ricardoa1
07-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Ill be in a cruise that weekend hoping to forget about my car. :rolleyes:

Ill like to try it again, if the IC tube stays in one place, I burn out properly and get some seat time I hope I can get the car to run what is supposed to run.

Ira R.
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
..asked and answered elsewhere.....

SCrazy
07-07-2008, 11:55 AM
...sure, nice talking to you Ira???

Ira R.
07-07-2008, 11:58 AM
...sure, nice talking to you Ira???

Saw your other post here....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=752313&postcount=8

SCrazy
07-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Saw your other post here....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=752313&postcount=8

Just messin' with ya.....have you been out yet??

I'm going to shoot to get back to the track on 8/1.

Ira R.
07-07-2008, 02:35 PM

No. The car has hasn't been driven until this weekend past. Hoping to spend the next few weeks getting the feel of it again and we'll see what happens from there.

Ira

bigpoppa822
07-08-2008, 08:35 AM

I'll see if I can make it then, I just got my tune and really want to see how my car does.

fastsc92
07-08-2008, 09:08 AM
i might be able to make that date.....

bigpoppa822
07-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Letting everyone know I'm definitely going up on the 1st, bringing up my video camera and my buddy is bringing up his sick Nikon to snap some pictures. Hope to see anyone that can make it there.

bigpoppa822
07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Anyone else going to be able to make it? Yeah, no, maybe? I'd hate to have to show all those rustangs what's up by myself!

fastsc92
07-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Can't make it that weekend. Plus my car is undergoing some intake mods, 60lb injectos, 80mm maf, and I'm switching tuning programs. Maybe in the weeks following I'll be able to go. If you need some slicks to borrow, let me know. I may even have the skinnies available...

SCrazy
07-28-2008, 11:26 AM
I plan on being there.....

Anyone else????

bigpoppa822
07-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Can't make it that weekend. Plus my car is undergoing some intake mods, 60lb injectos, 80mm maf, and I'm switching tuning programs. Maybe in the weeks following I'll be able to go. If you need some slicks to borrow, let me know. I may even have the skinnies available...

That would be awesome! I want to see if the car will dip into the 12's with slicks.

fastsc92
07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
That would be awesome! I want to see if the car will dip into the 12's with slicks.

Contact me towards the end of the week. I may be around, not 100% sure though. I'm on the way to the track, just off of 93 North.

If you're looking to hit 12's that may be a long shot with the mods and hp numbers you laid down last week. Slicks may not give you that much, but every little bit helps......

bigpoppa822
07-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Contact me towards the end of the week. I may be around, not 100% sure though. I'm on the way to the track, just off of 93 North.

If you're looking to hit 12's that may be a long shot with the mods and hp numbers you laid down last week. Slicks may not give you that much, but every little bit helps......

I'll give it a go and see what I can do. It will be my first time at the track, too, so I need to teach myself how to launch it right.

SCrazy
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm sick as a dog today so I'd say my making it to the track tomorrow is a little iffy.

Want2LearnTBIRD
07-31-2008, 03:37 PM
i wish i could go

Car needs a tune soo so bad :mad:

bigpoppa822
08-01-2008, 12:42 PM
:mad:It's supposed to rain. :mad:

Want2LearnTBIRD
08-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Brian -

How do you tune your car? I have a LC-1 from innovate but i don't know how to install it :rolleyes:

SCrazy
08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Did anyone go tonight??

Brian -

How do you tune your car? I have a LC-1 from innovate but i don't know how to install it :rolleyes:

I have an LM-1 with a Aux Box that I data log with. I also have the SCT pro racer stuff that I can reburn chips with. I make some little tweaks but only after consulting with Dalke or someone far more knowledgable than I am. Dalke did the bulk of the tuning for me. I wish i was more knowledgable about tuning......

Want2LearnTBIRD
08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Ya Dave said he would help me tune my car as well just email the readouts. Only problem is i am confused by the directions to install it. i made this post in the tuning forum:

Hey was wondering if anyone could help me out installing my LC-1. It came with instructions to install but i was hoping someone had specific instructions for our cars. I was hoping for the exact locations. There are 6 spliced wires that need to be connected first going too:

Red: 12V Supply
Blue: Heater Ground
White: System Ground
Yellow: Analog out 1
Brown: Analog out 2
Black: Calibration wire

Any help to the exact locations of where to put these wires would be great, thanks guys.

but no one seems to know the answer. Have any freetime to make some cash ? :D

SCrazy
08-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Ya Dave said he would help me tune my car as well just email the readouts. Only problem is i am confused by the directions to install it. i made this post in the tuning forum:

but no one seems to know the answer. Have any freetime to make some cash ? :D

I connected pretty much everything at the back of the EEC. I remember taking a bunch of notes when I did it. Let me check my notebook and see if I kept them. I just used 3-m wire taps on the wiring harness, I'm pretty sure Dalke gave me the pinout of the eec connector as reference.

bigpoppa822
08-04-2008, 08:24 AM
So I went on Friday. Had to wait for my friends so we didn't get up there until 830 or so, guys still said we could get 4-5 passes in.
For my first pass I drove around the water box and staged, I was racing a red Acura NSX that had an intake and a loud as balls exhaust. We took off, well he did. I launched from 2400 or so and just spun the tires through first and halfway through second. I had 2.6xx 60' :mad: I ended up with a 15.5 at 95mph, he ran a 13.7. I did keep up with him up top, though, which I was happy about. Drove back around and got in the staging lanes, and it started to rain. They closed the track I went home. :mad:
I need some fuggin tires.