need help!

JDC

Ok lets just say that I am crazy OK and be done with it. As I was putting everything back togther and I put the ps pully on backwards. Everyone have a good laugh. And now that your done laughing Please help me to get it off! Does anybody have a good idea? Thanks JD

hahahahahahahah that sucks.....

sorry had to

its a bitch

possible tho
may have to pry on the pully with 2 boards on either side

dude

If it's in the right place, not pressed on too far, then just leave it and worry about it next time it needs to come off.
Or, you should be able to get behind it with a long sawzall blade and cut the arbor of the pump. Of course you'll need a new pump, only 55 for a reman.

good luck man.

Bob

Two options:

#1) Remove the PS pump assembly and set it up in an arbor or hydraulic press. Block the pulley with some steel straps, etc., and press on the pump shaft with a brass rod. That should push the pulley off (or more correctly, the pump off the pulley).

#2) Take a die grinder and slowly, carefully cut the pulley off the hub, then (even more carefully) score the hub, and split it off the pump shaft. Of course, you'll need a new pulley standing by. Someone on here will sell you one pretty reasonably. It's much more preferable to cut the pulley than the pump.

Anyone else with ideas?...

JD

If the goal is to remove the pulley w/o removing the pump - you could try hitting the center of the pulley with a CO2 fire extinguisher to cool it.

Act fast (gloves?) and you might get lucky. I suppose it depends on how tight it is on the shaft.

Otherwise, removing the pump and pressing the pulley off is going to be the safest method, perhaps.

You can't find any angle to get behind it with a large/long screwdriver to gently coax it off? Pry....turn....pry.

Ken

Co2 wont work

You've never mounted a tractor tire using starter fluid either, I take it :)

The request was for any other ideas, and as a desperation move, that worked for me in the past - all you need is for it to cool both and hope they shrink just enough to help with the release.

You got a better idea, toss it out ;)

I was a firefighter too - 8 years.

yes actually i have (combine)

but youd never be able to get it in a small enough
"stream"
The horn it flows out of is way too wide....
Itd never contract the shaft enough to slide it off

-72*C is the temp of it coming out and as i stated its not able to be "applied" dirctly onto the shaft

Last edited:
You can use a small torch to heat up the pulley.....

It should just about fall off if you do it right.....

3 jaw puller and a bolt. screw the bolt in to the shaft but leave the with of the pully gap hook 3 jaws around outside and push off the bolt. u can weld a washer to the top of the bolt for a biger push point.

Back