EEC Tuner MN12performance

BirdofPrey97

I do have a EEC Tuner from MN12performance V5.1 with EEC Tuner v5.3 This tuner was used with my MPII, 42lbs, 76maf, 15% OD. If interested let me know. http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/eec-tuner.htm Will not come with the power supply. Get power to it by installing it and running from the car battery. Also, have tuner software to go with it. It will be available after May 1st when I get another chip/tune. $175 plus shipping for the tuner and the software. Without software $150 plus shipping.

No, I do not have the data recording software.

Hey Todd, I thought we already had this sold to me about a month ago waiting for you to get the new tuner.:confused:

If you have the V5.2 or higher board, it can datalog, but the default Shiftmaster software doesn't support our cars for that.

The good news is, this very week I'm wrapping up an application that can program the Tuner by using the bin file from Binary Editor with no need to use the old shiftmaster software. If I can just get the darn combo box to work right in the datalog window :cool:. I'll be sending a copy to Dave to give it a shot.

This will also allow you to datalog, and right now I have support for the 89/90 cars... I still need to reverse engineer more of the code in the 91-93 cars... but I'm hoping that shouldn't take long.

Now, the bad news this won't work for the 94/95 cars simply because there is not enough free memory to capture the datalog.

If you have the V5.2 or higher board, it can datalog, but the default Shiftmaster software doesn't support our cars for that.

I could not get shiftmaster software to work on my XP Pro computers, so went with Sctuner and that did the job for me. The data logging can currently be done, but the equipment needed was an additional $250-$300 and for that price and as often as I planned on using it, thought just going to a dyno and getting the information would be better for me.

That is GREAT that work is being done to get logging much easier!!!! :)

Want to get a converter that will allow this old EEC to be used like the OBDII and use an Xcal2. I know Ford has a way to convert the information if I could just get my buddy there to release that information to me. :D

I tried using the SCTuner and not only was it missing alot of parameters I needed to get to, but the registration dissappeared after a month and a half so it stopped working for me. I also had issues with it running on XP Pro as well LOL!

I went back to running the old shiftmaster software that runs fine on my XP Pro laptop. Now I'm running BE and using my program to convert the bin files to EEC files for the tuner board. When I'm finished with datalogging etc, I then use BE to flash my Moates chip with the same BIN info as used for the EEC Tuner and away I go.

Back