strangest thing...

ZRS90sc

so as i posted previously my clutch is gone, but with no burned clutch smell, i had no idea what went wrong, until i took a peak in there and found grass EVERYWHERE! its holding up the clutch from fully contacting the flywheel....anybody have any ideas?

so as i posted previously my clutch is gone, but with no burned clutch smell, i had no idea what went wrong, until i took a peak in there and found grass EVERYWHERE! its holding up the clutch from fully contacting the flywheel....anybody have any ideas?

The only Idea that comes to mind for me, is to take the Grass out.. and see if it works then?..

maybe the previous owner had it parked in the grass or sitting on it for long periods of time, offroading?? Clutches are sensitive they always need to be Clean as possible, gonna have to drop the tranny, immediately clean all that stuff out, replace clutch test.....

yep i'm in the middle of dropping the tranny now, no way to blow the grass out with the starter and that little inspection hole on the drivers side out....Question.... i have a 90, do i have to drop the gas tank to allow the drive shaft to lower so i can back the tranny out?

Wow that is strange. Makes me want to take a peek inside mine now since I just got it going.
Reminds of a time working at Ford when a customer came in with a "strange" problem. Hello, we are traveling cross country, stopped for gas, and when we got back in the truck our pet Python was gone, we think it is somewhere in the heater ducting....
Uhhh... no thanks.:eek:

lol i hope that never happens to me, hi-output i've owned the car for 2 years, never done any "off roading", so my only guess is mice, but i have no idea how they would get in there??? i'm confused

Last edited:
its definately grass, i blew some out with compressed air...:confused:

Is it possible that what you think is grass is actually fiber material from a trashed clutch disc ? I can't see how grass could stop the clutch from making contact with the flywheel and pressure plate...it would just grind it up and spit it out. It couldn't get between the friction surfaces in the first place unless the clutch was depressed.

Does the grass look anything like the stuff hanging off this clutch disc ?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/irar_6971081/Clutch/CFDF11-07006.jpg

David

Last edited:
nope, i'm pretty sure its grass, looks just like the dried up brown stuff...i'd have an easier time believing it was clutch material if i ever smelled "a burning clutch" while driving the car, i can sit there and let it slip, and no smell...

lol i hope that never happens to me, hi-output i've owned the car for 2 years, never done any "off roading", so my only guess is mice, but i have no idea how they would get in there??? i'm confused

Its mice, same thing happend to me mouse nest in the bell housing replaced the clutch and slave works fine the old clutch was fine to but i didnt want to put it back in.:p

Back