Supercharger year?

AX-MAN

A guy near by says he is selling a supercharger but not sure what year it is...how can I tell if its from 94/95? Also how much would just the blower be worth? Is the intercooler worth picking up too? He just pulled the parts off the car in a junk yard to make a little cash and doesn't know what he has.

A guy near by says he is selling a supercharger but not sure what year it is...how can I tell if its from 94/95? Also how much would just the blower be worth? Is the intercooler worth picking up too? He just pulled the parts off the car in a junk yard to make a little cash and doesn't know what he has.

Look at the rear. Oval port is old style. Rectangular is the good one. Check the parts for sale forum for ideas on worth. IC is a good pick up part. I buy them myself to build Dbl ICs I pay about 40 bucks for the ones I buy.

Ken

I've seen a lot of 94/95 blowers in the parts for sale section going for around 400. But if he doesn't know what he has then you might have found a real score! ;):D The 89-93 blowers are only going for about 200. Here are some pics that may help. :)

Attachments

• M90 Case.jpg
    M90 Case.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 346
  • M90 Inlet.jpg
    M90 Inlet.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 283
  • M90 Plenum.jpg
    M90 Plenum.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 210
Thanks

Its a 94/95....I'm pretty sure, the pics he sent my cell were dark and hard to see but he said the back of it was square....I'm going to get it this weekend!

Yeah, if he doesn't know how much it's worth then you could probably get a really good deal on it, if you play your cards right. Haha. :)

Do you know how much he paid for it? You should be able to get a good deal on it, if he isn't familiar with them.

Don't know how much he paid for it, just that he's had it for sale for a few months...probably the first call he's gotten on it. I don't think he knows, and I'm not sure I want to be the one to tell him...let's just say if he's making a profit then I won't loose any sleep over it.:D

The one that knows the most always wins. Don't educate him on what he has; it's his own fault if he doesn't know. Find every nit-picky thing you can that's wrong with it, work him over, and (figuratively) steal it! Ruthless but effective. We have an obligation to relieve the general public of all good SC-related parts for as little cash outlay as possible! You shouldn't concern yourself with whether or not he makes a profit. You're doing him a favor by turning that useless lump of aluminum back into cold, hard cash. Again, the one who knows the most always wins...

JD

Last edited:
If you can see the bottom of it, the newer blowers have 2 round lobes running the length of the bottom. The older ones are flat on bottom. I'm talking about the area across the bottom with the fins. Sorry I don't have pics. I would be sure to get the inlet plenum for the rectangular opening as well. They're getting harder to find these days with everyone hacking them up. Check the rotors inside. If it's a newer blower and the coating is flaking off the rotors then that would be a good bargaining chip. They've been going for 350-400 lately on the parts for sale forum so take that how you want. early style blowers it's hard to get 100 for anymore.

Don't forget you need that inlet plenum if your blower is the older one. A round inlet plenum won't bolt to the square blower.

inlet plenum

Does anyone have a pic of just an inlet plenum? I've heard it mentioned many times but I'm not positive what it is....is it just the block (pardon my french) that the blower sits on? I've never actually had mine off (shame shame I know)

Does anyone have a pic of just an inlet plenum? I've heard it mentioned many times but I'm not positive what it is....is it just the block (pardon my french) that the blower sits on? I've never actually had mine off (shame shame I know)

Post #3 has pictures ot the inlet plenum. Far right picture

Ken

The inlet plenum bolts to the back of the blower. It's usually pulled off the car with the blower because accessing the 2 bolts that hold it on are near impossible with the whole assembly on the motor. Usually they are together when the layman pulls them from a junk SC.

Back