New pics.

95badbird

Well, only 2 new ones for now.
I have finally got my bird back on the road. The car has been down for almost 1 1/2 years. I took it off the road, because the car started pouring oil out the back of the motor(between the oil pan and bell housing). I figured it was either an oil pan gasket or a rear main. Well after many months of letting the car sit, I decided to finally pull the motor, and see what was up. Turns out it was the rear main(figured thats what it was due to it having over 150,000 miles on it). Anyway, the old one literally fell out the back of the block. So I replaced the rear main, got it back in the car, started to put everything back together, and then decided it was time for some gears. So here comes the car sitting even longer. Well I installed a set of 4.10's and a track lock. I have also replaced the upper control arms(front).

I removed more weight from the car by gutting the doors, which some of yall might remember, moving a light weight battery back up front, lighter rear wheels, and removing other misc. wires.

here are some old pics of the doors..

209209.jpg

Well, I've also added Long tubes, gone from 2" - to - 2 1/2" exhaust, electric water pump, 2" carb spacer, crankcase evec kit, going to be running on slicks, of course the gears and track lock.(i think thats all)

Last time it was at the track in 06, it ran a best of 14.13 @ 96 mph, w/ a 1.98 60'.

I'm hoping for around mid 13's next time out.

227872.jpg

227873.jpg

watcha think?

SWEET.....I Likes

Your car is so shinny I can see the other car and knew which member you were....I think.

Looking good bro but you need to rebuild that junk motor!:pLOL My car is been sitting for about 2 1/2!:eek: Its hard to save up cash being married & with two kids! It should be running in a few months!!! Hope to have a 10 sec car!;)

I am trying to pick up an engine tranny combo until I can get enough cash to build the six how I want it. That stuff is XPENSIVE...so I think 1.1/2 year is not too bad. Mine has been down since 05.

Chris

Looking good bro but you need to rebuild that junk motor!:pLOL My car is been sitting for about 2 1/2!:eek: Its hard to save up cash being married & with two kids! It should be running in a few months!!! Hope to have a 10 sec car!;)

I know, I know.....a nice rebuild, and upping the compression from 8-1, to 10-1 would give me a nice seat-of-the-pants feel..

So long as there is not a problem with the carb, those are nice ones to own. Im not sure how they work for the strip, but they work well on the street.

Chris

Looks great but ya really need to dump that boat anchor of a carb:O)

How much is it weighing?

I like the carb.....not saying its the best thing out there. I would really like to swap it with something while at the track, to see how much of a gain another carb. might give me.

weight should be right under 3,000.

Under 3000...That must be nice! Edlebrocks tend to be great for MPG and drivability..But nothing beats a well set up holley type carb IMO

You have 8:1 compression?..Yer engines screaming blower!

Back