Mysterous grounding strap

Pat

Looking for a 3" extension I dropped and came across this thing all alone at the bottom of my engine bay. Looks like it needs a home, anyone know where it goes?

This is on the passenger side of the engine, on the top is the A/C compressor.
Toward the bottom right is the air filter.

Attachments

• ground.jpg
    ground.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 100
that looks like the grounding strap that bolts to the block on the front lower passenger side, in front of the motor mount, the other grounding strap on the motor bolts to the back of the drivers side head.

Last edited:
Its hard to see an idea of location from that one picture. On my 89 there is a grounding strap that bolts in front of the accessories, underneath the air filter onto passenger side inner fender well. I was thinking mine looks a little beefier then what you have their though. You are working on a 94 I am assuming so things could be totally different from my 89. Its just a ground strap, so either way, find a good place to put it.

Chris

It Goes Here...

This ground strap attaches to one of the RH motor mount bolts at one end, and the other is screwed to the RH unibody K-frame support rail. Here's a photo for clarity:

Attachments

• GROUND STRAP.jpg
    GROUND STRAP.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 83
Looking at your photo a little closer, I see that the "body" end is already attached; just in a different location than mine. The loose end of yours is supposed to go to a motor mount bolt. That's a little hard to reach without quite a bit of disassmbly, so I'd just find a convenient bolt on the engine to attach it to.

JD

Back