4.2lL with STS Remote Turbo

superdadsc

Well I have been putting together quotes and different ideas for my 95 sc. Just put my deposit down for a 4.2lLengine. I have wanted one of these since I started thinking of what I was going to do with this car. So many post's in regards to the cast 4.2L crank, but the rest is solid as a rock. My plans include a remote turbo setup and I plan on running the turbo anywhere from 7 to 12 lbs of boost which will bing boost between 19 to 24 lbs. So the cast crank is out and I am building a forged crank 4.2L with forged 351 rods and weisco forged pistons. Should be solid. When the motor is in Dez Racing who did the tuning on the Cobra Hellraiser Hellion setup will be installing and tuning her so she's put together right. Post some photo's when she is all said and done.:D

How much is a universal STS remote turbo kit anyway??? I'm assuming we'd have to use a universal kit.....

I don't know what it will dyno or run in the quarter mile. I never really set out to chase any numbers, I just wanted to do something a little different and growing up with muscle cars I definetly new I wanted to make the motor bigger. It will run what it will run, all I do know is it will be stronger than stock and these are fun to drive stock so it will be fun. The engine buider found the crank, where I don't know. The cost is about 6 grand for the motor, and considering a Morana stroker is 7500 with a cast crank I think I worked out a good deal. Also I will be getting a warranty with it so thats even better.

The STS costs 3 grand plus about another 700 for the methanol system and 2 stage boost control which will have a low and high setting in the car. So if I want to really go just switch to high. Plus I still have to add in the install of the exhaut and most likely a stronger clutch.:eek:

I could have never of gotten this far if it wasn't for this site and all the help that has been given or there in the search button

Thanks Damon, What is cool is even if I went over my planned buget the car will end up costing me about 15 grand that includes the car too. So when people wonder why we do what we do I'll blow their car away costing a fraction of the price. Thats what hot rodding is all about.:D:D

Thats what I did with my Red car..Set a budget of 15,000. I figured no matter what I will end up with a car that can outperform any 15,000 car I can buy new...Plus Ill like it! Turbo is the way to go..I woulda stuck with a 3.8 and made it that much easier but the way I see it...A basically stock 3.8 sc motor with a turbo can be capable of 400rwhp...So take it from there..And really..You dont need more then 500..You just dont!

Are you relying on them to find the crank for you? I would be more careful and ask them where they are getting this crank, Last I checked I was not aware of one being made that did not cost a fortune.

I don't know what it will dyno or run in the quarter mile. I never really set out to chase any numbers, I just wanted to do something a little different and growing up with muscle cars I definetly new I wanted to make the motor bigger. It will run what it will run, all I do know is it will be stronger than stock and these are fun to drive stock so it will be fun. The engine buider found the crank, where I don't know. The cost is about 6 grand for the motor, and considering a Morana stroker is 7500 with a cast crank I think I worked out a good deal. Also I will be getting a warranty with it so thats even better.

The STS costs 3 grand plus about another 700 for the methanol system and 2 stage boost control which will have a low and high setting in the car. So if I want to really go just switch to high. Plus I still have to add in the install of the exhaut and most likely a stronger clutch.:eek:

I could have never of gotten this far if it wasn't for this site and all the help that has been given or there in the search button

If you can get a new 4.2 motor w/forged rotating assembly built and installed along with a custom turbo system for only $15K you will be my new hero. Don't know of any 4.2 forged crank in existance....you either have to offset grind an SC crank (smaller rod jornals) or spend about $2500 on a custom billet crank.

Seriously...you don't need a stroker crank to make huge power with the turbo and supercharger... the stock 3.8 SC forged crank will work fine.

David

Back